Buying advice Lupo GTI - Best Colour??

scoobyjack

hi

Looking at selling my impreza turbo next month and buying a Lupo GTI.

Any known problems with these cars, never had a VW before. I'm buying one privately so any advice would be welcome.

Also not sure on what colour, prefer silver but seem to change me mind frequently biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Also importantly for me, what MPG do you guys get, on the motorway and round town. Main reason for changing cars is the impreza gets 20mpg sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Thanks for any help

jack

What model year is your Preza mate? Got any pics? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There was only red black and silver available until summer 2002 when they added blue and grey. I think about this time the red and the silver were changed.

Colours is a personal preference, a source of constant banter, but black is best wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think you should get hold a 6 speed GTi, definitely.

48mpg on the mway at steady 70mph, `38-40mpg` driving sensibly everywhere else. 25mpg booting it. which is pretty damn good really

Hello - welcome to the forums.

MPG - been a while, but I generally got 30's from it on a combined, the problem is that you will feel like you are always filling it up beacuse it has such a small capacity fuel tank. Todrop the mpg to scooby teritory you would need to seriously modify the car to even get close to 20.

Best colour - IMO its red (with the red and black trim), closely followed by Grey and blue, although blue appears to becoming very common these days - quite a few used in the VW network. The whole colour thing is totally personnal, the cars are rare enough that the colour choice will not seriously detract from future value (unless the Red goes pink).

Problems - I think the car is pretty good, a few people here have mentioned noisey gearboxes, and the usual VW squeaky seat syndrome.

Hope that is some help.

Anthracite (grey pearlecent) is best Lupo_Mod.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

best to have a flick through the readers rides to look at some of the different colours. :thumbs:

Alright ScoobyJack! I traded in my Impreza Turbo for an Evo 7, but I have a Lupo GTI as my daily drive so I don't have to stop at every petrol station I pass. Its well different. Its like driving a cart in comparassin. No where near as quick but great fun anyway.

I get get mid 30s mpg mostly driving town and A class roads. The car is best for nipping in and out of traffic on motorways and A class roads. To get the best from it I think they need to be lowered, something I'm about to do.

As for colour, I have a Raven Blue one but I think It looks best in Red!

4x4 indeed biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> stick with light weight 15's or maybe 16's at a push, shame you couldn't get 19" brathursts like those to fit without spoiling the ride and everything else though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looking at selling my impreza turbo next month and buying a Lupo GTI.

no one loves there dub as much as me, but r u mad selling a turbo.... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i think the Raven Blue is a savage colour, and as much as it husts to say, Crusoe col is cool

Crusoe- did u get that M5?

oh crusoe what big wheels you have !!!

seriously though , if i was buying one now , it would have to be anthracite

silver is ok but the most common (but for this car that doesn't mean much)

the interior of reds is boggin

and i dont think black shows off the features of the car very well

and blue is just dull

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> hard to admit but it's true eh Alan lol.

Nope, still got me loopy M5 guy sold it, someone flew up from London and offered him £6K more than he had agreed on with me so I got guzumped

Get anthracite and let it get a little grubby and you can stealth along matching the road and have an excure to have your xenons on all the time biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@ moreno, it was the last cammera as you are heading out of Aberdeen towards the airport wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> 60 past the end of the hedge will trigger it.

and MPG, I get about 35 at a steady 80mph cruise and low 40s if i'm behaving which isn't that often.

It looks excellent in most colours - as long as its clean (..must follow my own advice) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have had 0 probs except for VW garage attitude -

Never do less than 200 miles to a tank (£22 to fill) and have got up to 260 when doing lots of sensible `m-way` miles :thumbs:

Go for it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Reason for buying the Lupo is to save some cash and hopefully buy a P1 or Focus RS next year.

£22 to fill up biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Thing that made me laugh most about the Lupo was the boot! Errm it's a little small even for such a small car.

Think I would prefer silver or Red. So no known major problems. That makes a change from the cars I've had in the past!

Any exhaust systems or induction kits etc out for the lupo GTI?

What the service interval, 12k/1 year? And how much roughly is it. thanks all for your help

jack

THere is plenty tuning stuff around now - exhausts from several manufacturers, K&N induction kit sounds very nice, and if you want to go a bit mad, how about 170+bhp from AAT - that'll make it shift a bit.

Both folks I know with Focus RS have hated them after the first month because they are such a handful to drive in a straight line. Was out in a STiPPP the other day - that was very much fun:D

as far as i'm aware theres no real common problems with them

if its induction you want i'd suggest a bmc carbon airbox , it sounds sweet , and don't listen to anyone who says it's not road legal , the worst you'll ever get is a producer , woo friggidy hoo