gap insurance

Pennine_Lup

IIt covers the money you could loose with an insurance pay out due to car depreciation etc etc.If I remember rightly there are 2 types one pays out the extra up to the value the car cost the other pays out to the value of finance that would be left on the car! If you can afford it and drive like a racing driver and are more likely to cause a crash I'd go for it! If someone crashes into you and after insurance pay out if you still owe finance etc. u can take a civil case against the person who caused the accident for the extra money!But I suppose someone could still nick it!

I took it on both my cars and also have an RAC tracker on them as I think both the Loop and Evo would be attractive to joyriders!

I'm not paranoid really! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I didnt go for the GAP insurance. I didnt want to essentially make a bet that I would crash my car when I dont intend to. Also I dont fancy paying to mitigate the risk, and giving the company more profit too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Rac Trackstar I thinks the proper name for the one I've got cost about £500 pounds. U can pay a monthly subscription or you can pay a one off fee of a few hundred quid that means u get the subscription for ever(or until u sell the car). Think It equated to about 2 years subscription!

My advice is if your thinking long term go for the gap insurance i no traker sounds great but would you want your car back if some seventeen year old had ragged it or smashed it up

:0