Lupo twin 24V V6

Petar

Hello from Croatia!

Here is my new project. I made few projects (mk2 golfs ), but this is the most complicated.

Two weeks ago I bought Lupo 1.0 and started to work

IM000351.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000352.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000355.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Today pics IM000376.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000375.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000374.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

engine mounts:

IM000371.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000369.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Little problem with hood IM000377.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000378.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Petar

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ that engine fits tighter than a Nuns chuff! Seriously mental project wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Awesome project! I've been reading the updates on edition38, coming on well. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I've got some hi res pics of the Dubsport VR6 project if they're any use to you? No photo's of the mounts but you can get an idea of where it sits in the engine bay. Looks like it sits slightly further back than where you've positioned yours.

Edited by chris260

Awesome project! I've been reading the updates on edition38, coming on well. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I've got some hi res pics of the Dubsport VR6 project if they're any use to you? No photo's of the mounts but you can get an idea of where it sits in the engine bay. Looks like it sits slightly further back than where you've positioned yours.

You can post it here wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I know that engine in dubsport's Lupo Vr6 sits more back than my, but they have 5 speed Vr6 gearbox, and I have 6 speed gearbox. 6speed is much bigger. I already cut some pieces of subframe because gearbox is hitting subframe.

24V intake manifold is much bigger than 12V so I must remove central part of gille support

You can post it here IMG_3680_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

You can see the bonnet has been modified in the photo below.

IMG_3702_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IMG_3730_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

saw it on e38 and was impressed

read it on here and was impressed again

just read it for a 3rd time

Two weeks ago I bought Lupo 1.0 and started to work

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> wow, 2 weeks and youve done that!!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Edited by Arun

I don't know...

2 x 204 HP = 408 HP + 70-100HP of nitorus for every engine IM000383.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000384.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000385.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000386.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000387.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000388.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Lower engine support

IM000379.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000380.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

New holes for passat VR6 lower ball joint

IM000381.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IM000382.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Will you be making that bit on the bonnet into a curved piece? Would tie in well with the curviness of the rest of the front end. I wasn't even sure you were going to get the grill on but still looks almost factory apart from the hole in the bonnet! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

yeah liking the project iv always wanted a 24v v6 in my arosa but thats a pipe dream but two of them is mental as i said on edition 38

the only problem i saw from the pics on e38 is that the engine basically now occupys the space where the radiator was so what are you doing about that? oh and as chris 260 saids if you can make the bonnet extension match in with the curves it will be quite stealth

good luck your making good progress already smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne