(Winter) tyres for G60s

dxg

This was a post about tyre recommendations, but I'm faced with a problem it's almost too embarrasing to admit -- I can't work out what size my wheels are!! markings.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

What to me looks like 16 inches diameter:

16inches.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And this seems to be 7 inches width:

7inches.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Oh yes, -- any tyre recommendations? I have Toyo TR1s on the standard wheels which: (i) I'm halfway through after only 3000 miles!; and (ii) are understeering all over the shop in the wet.

Am looking for all season (or maybe winter) in that an appropriate size (what size??). Price is an issue, but lifespan and grip moreso.

Thanks and sorry for asking such a fundamental question,

Deek.

Edited by dxg

The size of the wheel itself, is the distance around/across the 2 lips the tyre bead would seal onto, not the physical extremities of the wheel itself. As stated, it's a 6x15" wheel...

I'd go with a Yokohama, or a Toyo. I'm running 195/50/15's on my Lupo, but prefer the bigger tyre profile smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />