Finished sub box...Update: 18.10.06

emo_gazz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure i am. It was only 1.99 so it didnt bother me to much. Got some carpet to cover it aswell. Just been in the garden drillin the holes out which i have done now but its startin to rain so i packed up for the day.

Get some long enough screws soon and start to fix the box up.

Edited by emo_gazz

you wont need to many screws about 1 every 5inch if youve glued it properly thats what will give the box strength, terminals you shouldnt of bothered with but since your not running a lot theyve got no chance of melting

if you want to know what its capable of in spl terms give me a shout ive got the proper equipment to measure it with

you wont need to many screws about 1 every 5inch if youve glued it properly thats what will give the box strength, terminals you shouldnt of bothered with but since your not running a lot theyve got no chance of melting

if you want to know what its capable of in spl terms give me a shout ive got the proper equipment to measure it with

have to arrange to meet up at one of the shows when my new subs in buddy i wana see what shes running smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i want to try a displacement box in mine too. im going to build the box so its 28.3litres like alpine recomend for quality and then displace the airspace down to 24 and 16 to see how much affect this has on the subs sound all are recommended volumes by alpine but i want to try them and see, hear and feel the affects smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Dont use that terminal you bought mate do it the way I told you. If you aint got any threaded bar (costs pennys) then you can use small bolts if you have some long enough. The way I told you is the way I learned years ago and the way that a lot of competition installs are done.

I am from Yorkshire aswell in Pontefract.

Ya should all come and help cos im stuck on what im doin at the time. So i wanna get some threaded inserts like this do i? and fit two where i would have put the terminal.

pic_t1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I normally answer loads of ICE questions on SSC and SAX-P and dont come on here that often. I will try to pop on more often. You could use them inserts but I have just screwed threaded bar straight threw the MDF in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not much of a report. Just in Preston at the moment and ive never noticed that there was a DIY shop just round the corner from where Kellie (fiancee) is livin. So i bought some screws and silicon for the box.

Just wish i brung it up with me now so i can work on it.

Screws all in place and hole cut out for terminal:

PICT0005-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Terminal fitted:

PICT0006-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Silicon run around the edges:

PICT0008-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

At last, finished the box this afternoon. Heres what it looks like:

PICT0009-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0010-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0011.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Just needs a clean up around the edges and should be ok:

PICT0013.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />