Finished sub box...Update: 18.10.06

emo_gazz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my b&q ALWAYS has 18mm in hehehe smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and i dont charge for cuts if your nice to me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i cut mine for free and discounted each sheet to 20p ahhh the bonus of being staff lol tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well today i got my ass into gear with this whole boot build. Sorry i never got any pics of the buildin process but i didnt think that id actually go through with it and build the whole thing.

Went to a mates house to borrow some stuff and rather than cart it to mine we decided to make it at his. Started at around 3.30 and finished about 7.30ish. Great time buildin and heres the finished product.

Some edge are a little bit rough but the carpet should cover that. Oh and ill cut the bit out for the terminal when i get one.

PICT0007-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0005-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0006-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0009-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PICT0010-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Ideally you want the box 100% airtight so this will mean putting a bead of silicon round the sub to seal it, if you then compress the air inside the box it will try to find a way out somehow & this will mean puuting pressure on all the joins in the box. Conceivably there is easily enough pressure to break the glue seal & push the joins (* nails loose). Just try putting a screw at each end & centre of each join & it should hold it all together wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I dont ever use terminals, as its one more connection to lose signal from.

What I do, is drill a hole big enough for the cable, feed it through, then seal the hole and cable with sealer.

Then just connect the box end straight to the sub, and the other end stright to the amp.

If you silicone the box joints dont put the sub in in for at least 24 hours cause the gas given off by curing silicone can weaken the glues holding the sub together.

As for the terminals dont use a terminal block and dont have the wire directly in to the box as both them methords weaken the seal of the box.

The best way to do it is where you want the wires to go in to the box drill 2 holes. Then screw a piece of threaded bar through the hole it will be tight but it will go through. Then use bolts and washers to connect the cable to either side it. That gives you the best conection you can get.

The best way to do it is where you want the wires to go in to the box drill 2 holes. Then screw a piece of threaded bar through the hole it will be tight but it will go through. Then use bolts and washers to connect the cable to either side it. That gives you the best conection you can get.

I didn't know that, chears, will try that on the new box.