Jake's VW Lupo Sport

Jake-VW

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this site and have just bought myself a sport. Not much done to it so far, just fk coilovers, pretty sure they're highsports but not positive as they were on the car when I bought it. Anyway here's a few quick pics I took just now. Gave it a wash but it started raining just as I was finishing. Typical!

lupo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Let me know what you think.Anyone care to guess how much it's lowered? or have measurements for centre of arch to centre of the wheel for a standard height sport?

And for any of you that are interested, heres a couple of pics of my old car. A mk3 polo GT:

myGT.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

mycar.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Jake

Edited by Jake-VW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice motor wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Im guessing thats sitting about -90-100mm, The front wheels are disappearing into the arches! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Max69vk

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yes, cant wait to see it with me own eyes.

I'm picking up the new lupo on sunday, another black one, we can do a photoshoot laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yes, cant wait to see it with me own eyes.

I'm picking up the new lupo on sunday, another black one, we can do a photoshoot laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Can I stick the silver arosa in the middle pleease laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was going to buy this one tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> But the seller wanted £3000 with the Borbets on it!

Didnt you get the Borbets then?

He was asking a bit of a daft price for the wheels alone. So I imagine not.

nahh I didn't have the borbets, had it for a cheaper price without them. they were too big for me really anyway, so would of probably sold them when the winter was setting in and bought something around march time next year more to my taste.

dunno if i'll be going to edition 38. I doubt it to be honest, but depends....I may have something to pick up if I can't find anyone else to pick it up for me from the show!

No I'm not from newport, I'm from swansea. Someone showed me that there was some pics from the volksfest on that site, so i saved that one cos I thought it was good!

Cheers for the comments guys. Bought some GTI wheels yesterday, they look better I think. Will get pics up in the week

He was asking a bit of a daft price for the wheels alone. So I imagine not.

I'm sure he wanted £800 for them blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> But £3000 with the Borbets - really lovely car, only thing that put me off in the end was the mileage blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

do i spy a set of wellers on the gt.....wat size were they as im getting 13x10's soon for my jetta.....jus wann know if they might fit on the lupo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

do i spy a set of wellers on the gt.....wat size were they as im getting 13x10's soon for my jetta.....jus wann know if they might fit on the lupo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Someone tried the wellers, think it was RS2lupo if thats right. The wellers look the dogs on jakes polo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Here's a few new pics of my loop. Got it back from the bodyshop today. Had the bonnet smoothed, resprayed, wing resprayed, bit of rust in arch sorted, a dent that someone did in town made better but still isn't perfect and a general polish and touch up.

Also have a stubby aerial and took side strips and rear badges off. I bought some dark crystal side repeaters but not sure if I like them. I want them to be as dark as possible, considering getting them sprayed same as body colour.

Anyway here's the pics.

DSCF1297.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSCF1298.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSCF1300.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSCF1299.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSCF1301.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I'm really pleased with it. Let me know what you think.

Jake