H&R Suspension

willcrook

For my gti (which I don't have yet) I was planning replacement suspension as I have felt first hand the benefits on my current lupo (tdi) and have concluded that its justifyable to spend a relativlely large amount of money on it.

From what I have read on the forums archive the h&r suspension kit seems to be the best performer for handling which I pressume is because it was created for the vw lupo cup.

If anyone knows a better kit then stop me here....

I was thinking of purchase from http://www.europerformance.co.uk .

The two choices are either the Cup kit or the Coilover kit.

Adjustabillity doesn't mean anything to me, so are the coilovers worth the price difference? and aside from adjustabillity are there any advantages?

£687.81 - Coilovers

£364.81 - 'Cup Kit'

A Price difference of £383.

The current suspension on my tdi (which will be removed for sale of the car) was fitted by demon tweeks at cost of around 250, is this over priced, does any body know a good alternative in the North West?

Also is it worth getting the camber adjustments?

Reguards.

Will

Edited by willcrook

I don't think many people adjust the height of their coilovers regularly, it's more so you can set it at exactly the right height you want, which is usually as low as possible. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What - so people just gett coilovers sheerly because they can go lower?

Pretty much! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

not everyone would get them for the looks of the lowering. i would get them so i can take them to my tuning garage and get it put on corner weights so it can be setup perfectly for weight distribution. then have the good height set for handling, could be only 40mm drop thats best. then setup all the bound/rebound settings. great stuff.

Coilovers are such a trendy "must have" at the moment .

I bet the manufacturers have been laughing all the way to the bank since The Fast and The Furious came out!

Being low has always been part of the volkswagen 'scene', if you will, don't think it has anything to do with The Fast and The Furious.

And hey, if it ain't rubbin', you ain't dubbin'!

Being low has always been part of the volkswagen 'scene', if you will, don't think it has anything to do with The Fast and The Furious.

And hey, if it ain't rubbin', you ain't dubbin'!

lol. well i aint dubbin then. dont fancy that.

i get fed up of them cause i had to keep on adjusting them so my wheels didnt scrub was a pain in the ass now with the ride height that it is at the moment....witht the new kit it will probabily sit lower anyway

Face down, ass up!!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

plus im changing my intentions for the lupo...staying oem+

and tuning chasis inc Sus kit....and engine wise!!!

Definetly get camber sorted. Causes nightmares for driving hard if u have camber on the front wheels of a front wheel drive car. It'l torque steer, under steer cos the wheels tend to spin when coming out of a round about at speed. In the wet u'l get wheelspin like a gooden. dont do tyres many favours either.

Say NO to camber.

It does look good though.

Image008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Definetly get camber sorted. Causes nightmares for driving hard if u have camber on the front wheels of a front wheel drive car. It'l torque steer, under steer cos the wheels tend to spin when coming out of a round about at speed. In the wet u'l get wheelspin like a gooden. dont do tyres many favours either.

Say NO to camber.

All cars have negative camber to some extent, neutral or positive camber can be quite dangerous I'm led to believe. Negative camber should give very good handling results in the dry, but it will wear out tyres more quickly.