Lupo 3L

Linz

Sunday about 2pm, Blue 3L with foreign plates - it turned off the roundabout heading towards Markinch.

Only heard of these, never even seen a pic before so I never recognised the different grill/indicator combination, it was only when I saw the badges on the back I realised what it was.

Edited by Linz

Can someone explain the 3L Tdi's?

Ive not come across very good info on them. And my boyfriend insists Im making it up.

They are mega economical, no? But how? I would of presumed the bigger enigine would require alot more fuel. When it only cost some guy 90 odd Euros to go across Europe.

A wee bit confused me.

Don't know much about them either confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> , so forgive me if this is not accurate...

I think it is a 1.2l 3 cylinder diesel, the 3L comes from the fact that it can do 100km on 3 litres of fuel - nothing to do with a 3 litre engine!

• 4 weeks later...
Sunday about 2pm, Blue 3L with foreign plates - it turned off the roundabout heading towards Markinch.

Only heard of these, never even seen a pic before so I never recognised the different grill/indicator combination, it was only when I saw the badges on the back I realised what it was.

I own one! I live in Sweden but my Lupo 3L is imported from Germany.

The performance figures are better than the VW Fox by miles

0-62 in 14.2 seconds

top speed of 102 MPH

I have had 91MPG out of it! but I average 85MPG.

Most of the engine, brakes and body is alliminum. although it looks like a Lupo, 80% of the parts are different from the standard Lupo. that makes servicing and repairs costly!

However I save a fortune in fuel as I drive 75miles a day just to and from work.

• 4 weeks later...
I own one! I live in Sweden but my Lupo 3L is imported from Germany.

The performance figures are better than the VW Fox by miles

0-62 in 14.2 seconds

top speed of 102 MPH

I have had 91MPG out of it! but I average 85MPG.

Most of the engine, brakes and body is alliminum. although it looks like a Lupo, 80% of the parts are different from the standard Lupo. that makes servicing and repairs costly!

However I save a fortune in fuel as I drive 75miles a day just to and from work.

Nice to have some one who owns one on the board. What's it like to drive? I have been looking in to a more eco friendly car and short of a hybrid the Lupo 3L is as good as it gets.

What sort of drivign do you do to get 85mpg as you can almost get that out of an Audi A2 1.4TDi with a bit of care and the right type of driving? it just seems that there is a lot f technology just to get a few mpg more. Also would you be able to enlighten us as to how much these sell for in europe and where is best to look for one?