shes all RED-dy ;) been busy again!! :P

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£160 for a bulk pack!

Gez mate, you could get a much better price than that without discount!

140 delivered off ebay? but am i just paying for the name? ive seen other deadening on there like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

or even...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

which one should i go for the second company Ivanhoe i believe are involved/make brown bread deadening any ideas??? the second set is probably what i will go for being bigger sheets and that smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You could easily use a bulk pack if you did it properly, I did 3 layers of a mix of x-treme & original on the back of the door cards...then you've got the inside of the doors, the boot etc.

I know the x-treme & original Dynamat make a noticeable difference and therefore would go for the bulk pack - its worth it if you've spent money on a good system.

I heard Ivanhoe and the likes work but you need more of it to get the same effect as Dynamat.

Id go with Dynamat Extreme or Second Skin. Second Skin is supposed to be a little bit better. Available from CAD and cheap for what you get.

Liquid Stuff (40sq ft equivilent) This stuff is pretty cheap!

General Matting

Although I think it is so popular there is a waiting list!

I wouldn't bother with anything that is bitumen based (brown bread, dynamat original) if you can afford better as this stuff is basically "flashing tape" anyway.

Edited by Stef_blu_lupo

pick up! pick up! pick up! i feel so ill today DSC00584.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00583.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

front

DSC00586.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00587.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

enjoy!

AMP FINALLY ARIVED TODAY had to do alot of chasing but finally got her and my god it was worth every penny heavy little package but loads of clever stuff in there so i was expecting it to be.

PICS

doing some planning....

DSC00594.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00593.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

getting down to business!!! DSC00591.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00592.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i cant wait to feel that 65mm excursion!!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

most of my mdf was pre-cut tooo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> advantages of working at b&q with one of the biggest & best saws you can get smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> all my mdf for £1.70 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> offcuts arent they! hehehe nooot tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />:P

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

• 2 weeks later...
any update on this buddy

not yet bud some **** took out the side of the arouser on sat so i need to find 500 pound to pay the excess and then get it back later when its all sorted with the insurance. i just wanted to cry and rip his head off!!! and now coz theres no damage on his car his MUM who wasnt even bloomin' there is saying hes not at fault when he crossed the white lines and pulled into the rear half of my car!!!! grrrrrrrrrr! needs a new door skin and rear quaters a mess. wheels are ok luckilly! as mr insurance doesnt sort mods smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. all my mods are declared so im covered all i need now is to sort out an "independant witness" hahaha wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

circles were cut with a router and jig fixed in the centre way easier than following a line with a jig saw little dusty though but PERFECT circles! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Looks rather good to me! how much was the amp? one more thing how do you cut the perfect circles?!?!?!?!?! cheers

bought the package (sub and amp) for 390. you can get it all for 350ish but i wanted a bit more come back when if things go wrong. its better to go into a shop and kick up crap than get fobbed off by email.

how do you cut the perfect circles?!?!?!?!?! cheers

Use a router mounted to a jig. It's fairly easy to make one, get a smooth flat piece of wood (I used a piece of laminate flooring) drill the holes to match the base plate of the router and countersink them. Fix it with machine screws, measure the required distance and knock a nail through into the piece of wood you're working on. Hey presto! Job done!

i know youve all been awaiting some major progress and im not normally this slow with bulids lol so i apologise! accident has set me back alot, but today i cleared up my workshop and garage and got inspired agen DSC00695.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> you can see how tight for space i am, got the seats notched forward one too tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ill get it all in though dw wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

boot was gutted out, back, base and front have been cut to fit and i trial fitted the ring and played around for half an hour working out how the fibreglass profiles would pan out but i think its gona be v.impressive wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

DSC00711.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

sides cut and everything countersunk, glued and screwed.

DSC00709.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

inside the boot

DSC00710.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

latch profile cut away

DSC00717.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

just enough clearance DSC00716.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

rough idea of its look.

i have since cut out the amp rack and glued that down... there is no room for my power caps in the boot so plans are to unbolt them from each other and put one in either of the rear storage pockets, one for each amp smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> 4ch still to come ;

opinions welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> wont see any progress not till i buy the wiring and sound deadening when im in the states over the next 2 weeks wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

lookin good mr XXX...

Make sure you reinforce that sub ring in position as much as you can... you dont want the weight of the sub stressing your fibre glass and causing cracks!

• 3 weeks later...
lookin good mr XXX...

Make sure you reinforce that sub ring in position as much as you can... you dont want the weight of the sub stressing your fibre glass and causing cracks!

can i pick your brains smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i want to run 2 lots of 4guage to the boot for a second amp later on but dont want my battery terminals looking like spegehtti junction can i see yours? cheers

can i pick your brains smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i want to run 2 lots of 4guage to the boot for a second amp later on but dont want my battery terminals looking like spegehtti junction can i see yours? cheers

Why not use a distribution block in the boot?

Edited by Joe

• 5 weeks later...

finally got my resin and got to work DSC01481.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01482.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01488.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01491.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01493.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01494.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Sorry for the Uber slow reply.

I run 1 lot of 2awg cable to a splitter just under the rear bench.