shes all RED-dy ;) been busy again!! :P

as some of you may know my loudest.com amp has blown so ive decided to rip it out and start again.

plans are...

1x Alpine-SWR-1242D

Alpine-SWR-1242D.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

-12" component subwoofer

-Dual 4-ohm voice coils

-Frequency response: 25-500 Hz

-Power handling: 200-500 watts RMS

-Peak power: 1,500 watts

-Sensitivity: 85 dB

-Heavy-Duty 8ga. Push Terminals

-Computer Optimised Magnetic Circuit

1x Alpine MRD-M1005

Alpine-MRD-M1005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Dimensions 360 x 60 x 220 mm

• Frequency Response 20Hz-200Hz (200Hz, -3dB)

• Input Sensitivity 0.1-0.8V (at10k ohm)

• S/N Ratio 90dBA

• 500W x 1 RMS (4ohm, 12.0V, 1% THD+N)

• 700W x 1 RMS (2ohm, 12.0V, 1% THD+N)

• 700W x 1 RMS (4ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)

• 1.000W x 1 RMS (2ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)

• Max. 1.800W x 1

gona build a custom fibreglass box for them with flowing curves and paint it the same red as the car ALPINE-CDA-9857R.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

-60W MAX x 4 High Power Amplifier

-3 PreOuts (4 Volt)

-CD-R/RW Playback

-MP3/WMA Decoder/Playback

-Versatile-Link™ Ready

-Full Dot Biolite

-Dual Illumination (Green/Red)

-Bass Engine

-OEM Steering Remote Ready (optional adaptors required)

-Vehicle Display Ready (optional adaptors required)

-Pop-up rotary knob

-Anti-Theft Flip down detachable Panel

then ill be running alpine stuff right through the car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

OLD INSTALL ALL SOLD NOW!!! whoop! whoop! sold to one sexy lady called zoe smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the dimentions of each compartment?

I may be intrested in half of it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What is the mounting depth also?

I can learn to use it while I am at Uni - Leicester, and I learn fast. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

So many inuendo's laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I can learn to use it while I am at Uni - Leicester, and I learn fast. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well come down to Donny and give me a hand building it. Got some fiberglass/hardener and the fiberglass itself.

I might start small and build something of the toy sized proportion till i get the hang of things.

What are the dimentions of each compartment?

I may be intrested in half of it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What is the mounting depth also?

i cant sell just half lol! there approx 22 litres? if i remember correctly

mounting depth is around 125mm pretty shallow.

So many inuendo's laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It was late, and I thought it might amuse.

@ Gaz - sure, I won't be back up Leicester way until End of september though!

Edited by lunalupi

Instead of the 9857 headunit have a look at the 9853. 50 quid cheaper and it's awesome, my new toy biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

lol never mind.

Just trying to be lazy and not build something.

But even work will not ever make me want to change my sub wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hows the new build going?

lol never mind.

Just trying to be lazy and not build something.

But even work will not ever make me want to change my sub wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hows the new build going?

awaiting funds mate trying to shift my old stuff and awaiting pay day on thursday smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh and i need brake disks, a gearknob as mine comes off in your hand and a wiper blade so i mite have to live with out a sub for a few more weeks yet sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

awaiting funds mate trying to shift my old stuff and awaiting pay day on thursday smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh and i need brake disks, a gearknob as mine comes off in your hand and a wiper blade so i mite have to live with out a sub for a few more weeks yet sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Funds, why couldn't people like us just get 1 million $ from the goverment, for being nice?biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looking forward to see your boot get finished.

Funds, why couldn't people like us just get 1 million $ from the goverment, for being nice?biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looking forward to see your boot get finished.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

car flew through the mot today wooo! only needed wipers, 2 sidelightbulbs and head lights adjusted 40 in total smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i cant wait to start cracking im itching to get started! this ones gona be ver curvey, very sexy looking and very fooking loud smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

car flew through the mot today wooo! only needed wipers, 2 sidelightbulbs and head lights adjusted 40 in total smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i cant wait to start cracking im itching to get started! this ones gona be ver curvey, very sexy looking and very fooking loud smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sexy and loud? now we are talking:P

Haven't got started on my innstall for now, waiting to isolate the entire car before i get started.

Sexy and loud? now we are talking:P

Haven't got started on my innstall for now, waiting to isolate the entire car before i get started.

got most of the cash up now and all my mdf smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just need to buy the stuff anyone know a cheap place to get sound deadening?

quick update! head units in the car now and my god the diffrence is incredible! so much more mid bass, cystal clear treble and even some deeper notes cominf through and all DISTORTION FREE finally! i can whack up the volume, which is much louder and we have ZERO distortion all the way to max volume its great. paid 227.49 for the headunit from http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk including p&p which was the cheapest place anywhere on the net from my unit so very pleased with that.

heres some pics of it in situ and some of its neat touches

unit off....

DSC00561.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

turning on....

DSC00546.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

popping out the volume knob....

DSC00548.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

the cool look....

DSC00549.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

red hot audio....

DSC00550.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

tweeking the bass frequency....

DSC00551.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

tweeking the treble....

DSC00552.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

will keep you updated when the subs are here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

any ideas on where i can get hold of sound deadening fairly cheap?

cheers scott

mounting the sub inwards or outwards doesnt make a sifrence surely?

ive always thought it purely for cosmetic reason?

well it will run cooler as the warm air can escape fully instead of just going into a box which will warm up gradually. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />