Which alloys (and other mods) for wifes 1.0 Lupo

RussB

Greetings

We've just bought a completely bog standard 1.0L Lupo as a second car. It's a 2001 and looks great in shiney jet black. It's on 13" steel wheels at moment but I think it needs some nice alloys to really set it off. Is 15" as big as we can go? I saw some BBS wheels on a Polo the other day with 195/45/15 tires on and I think they would look great. Any recommendations for other aesthetic mods are also welcome. Not into the 'Max Power' look though as we're both 40! Had loads of Golfs & Polos over the years but this little thing is a hoot!

RussB

I will even be having a full Lupo GTI suspension set up coming up for sale in a few weeks as I am upgrading to coilovers wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Alloy wise, my personal opinion is that 15s are the best size if you just want a good looking car which is still practical. you can go up to 16s and even 17s with some work, but with a little 1.0 engine it'll look nice but struggle to get moving laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lupo9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Aside from alloys there are are a few things which you can use to make your car a little more pleasing

In the picture above it shows cambridge rear lights from the special cambridge edition of the lupo made by vw, they basically have a smoked effect on the indicators instead of straight red, these look great on black cars as there is a black lupo down by my local with them on, so you could consider them. they're quite inexpensive and look really good. You can get them from VW dealers as a part. (or at least could)

Also you can see I have vw mudflaps on my lupo with the white vw badge, not everyone likes them but again they would probably look good on a black lupo. Again availible from the main dealer.

Again, the picture shows another mod, the vw roof spoiler, which again is availible from vw main dealers, may be a little too "max power" for you maybe though, but its very subtle and in my opinion improves the look of the car P1010017.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

hope that helps

Pete

If your after cheap mods!

Lupo Gti suspension, £60-£100

take off the rub strips, £free

GTI barthurst alloys, £200-£300

Hmmm. Is a Lupo GTI kit lower then a standard 1.0 kit then? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've got a 1.0l lupo in black also 2001. I have blackened the back 3 windows, chrome handles, some bling for indoors(not fitted yet) and some 15in Estoril alloy wheels with 195/45/15 Toyo Tis tyres on(also not on car yet) and some FK1 smoked taillights. Pics below

P4060035.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

7c_12_sb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/Luppie1/09022006.jpg

I WANT THEM WHEELS SO MUCH ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Hmmm. Is a Lupo GTI kit lower then a standard 1.0 kit then? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yes coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> and stiffer coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> and better coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Not alot lower, so good if you still want/need to keep some ride height - if you have a steep driveway, live with rough roads etc smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I WANT THEM WHEELS SO MUCH ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Won them from a guy who refurbs wheels on ebay ...£200 and something inc delivery

Well being my first car i am limited on the insurance with what i can do.

Im getting my BBS's tomorrow and i think it will...(I know it will) look like a 4X4.

If i fit a GTI kit it could go lower without insurance knowing... confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Well being my first car i am limited on the insurance with what i can do.

Im getting my BBS's tomorrow and i think it will...(I know it will) look like a 4X4.

If i fit a GTI kit it could go lower without insurance knowing... confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

your motor will handle like a GTI!

Not quite - theres a difference in weight between the 1.6 GTI and a 1.0.

Also I believe the GTIs have other uprated bits, ARB to improve handling....

Speaking from experience, its a definite huge improvement over standard if you don't want to go for full lowering, but don't get it having the expectation of it being as good as a GTI

Edited by lunalupi

Anthracite Estorils - ooooooooooo I say!!!

Them is sexy!!!

I can't wait to get them on the car and get them photographed and ready for a test drive. Got to have tyres put on them yet though. Will post pics when on

Edited by Luppie70

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's not. Just ignore "spambo" up there, he'll be moaning next that you started a new thread when you could have searched and found an old one.

Start your own car thread up though.

Sorry I didn't realise there was a time limit on a posting.

Nope no time limit on posting, but the OP probably has produced a two year old kid by the time you replied about his wheels.

• 5 years later...