polo engine

Enigma

thats what vw would say they think an air freshener would alter a car to much, my dealers nearly cried when they noticed that my recaros werent factory fit and then the barstewards got copper grease on them evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

honestly if your thinking of it ask tigz as this is basically what hes done except his is the 16v lump

wayne

• 2 weeks later...

subtle modder can you post some link to tigz's?

this is what i want to do too, but am wondering would there be any chance that keeping the 1.0 gearbox allowed some kind of... more fun perhaps? i would have to change the clutch because it's rubbish but if we can avoid the gearbox change that's a lot less money and work isn't it.

This seems to be an on going thing.... (think there should be a sticky.... MOSTLY TO ALL NEWBIES: DONT THINK ABOUT TRYING TO IMPROVE 1.0 PERFORMANCE....buy a new car instead!) i havent even been here that long compared to most others and even i get tierd of it lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sorry if i offend ..im tierd sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by Cozboz

• 3 weeks later...

When I first signed up here I was warned about the 1.0, but I still went ahead and bought one! Decided to keep it clean, spend some time on thes sound system and make it 'show' cause it sure as hell won't go. My theory's that if you drive slow everyone can see your rims wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 6 years later...

I know this post is from ages ago but can any body help me my mighty 1996 vw polo 1.4 8v failed mot on a tonne of stuff far more than what the car is worth but the engine is still running like a dream so ive taken the engine out and bought a 2002 1.0 seat arosa with a blown engine because i heard that my engine would fit straight in with no complications on looking ive found the wiring loom is competley different so ive taken it out of the polo to go in the arosa but now ive found that my old polo has a rod gear linkage where as the arosa has a cable gear linkage completley different and my polo has a throttle cable where as the arosa has a electric trottle with sensors what can i do about these problems has any body had any experience with this engine change? Will my engine fit on the arosa's gearbox and what the hell can i do about the throttle do i take the old throttle linkage out of the polo drill a hole in the firewall and set it up like that any helps appreicated because at the moment im left with two stripped down cars that aint no use to me