Differences between 1.4 tdi 75bhp and 90 bhp engines

johnyardley

If it's turbo and injectors it could be the route for soem modifying.

Best wishes

John

we've had this arguement before i think.

but as far as i know the 90 hp model has a vnt turbocharger.

if you are wanting to modify the pd lump then use the pd130 injectors as they are more readily available from breakers. i squeezed 142bhp from a 3cyl tdi lump a while back using, hybrid turbo, ported head, pd130 injectors, pd150 conrods and pistons(lower compression ratio) and a custom remap.

i squeezed 142bhp from a 3cyl tdi lump a while back using, hybrid turbo, ported head, pd130 injectors, pd150 conrods and pistons(lower compression ratio) and a custom remap.

B*gger me, thats double the basic standard! Got any pics?

Edited by Max69vk

I could have bought some PD130 injectors recently at a bargain price too doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" /> What sort of torque was it pushing out?

All 1.4 tdi "PD" engines have the VNT turbo charger...

its only the Non-PD engine as used in some of the 6n2 polo's which had the non-vnt

if you are wanting to modify the pd lump then use the pd130 injectors as they are more readily available from breakers. i squeezed 142bhp from a 3cyl tdi lump a while back using, hybrid turbo, ported head, pd130 injectors, pd150 conrods and pistons(lower compression ratio) and a custom remap.

TBH mate, I'm not gona believe a word you say until you prove that

TBH mate, I'm not gona believe a word you say until you prove that

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> mate you have know idea how many cars this guy has built! 4 lupos one of the the tdi, a lupo 1.6 on throttle bodies, 4 mk 4 polos, a mk5 polo..... list goes on and on hes built more cars than youve had hot dinners and my brothers seen half of them biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> believe it or not hes done it!

I'm not doubting him for one seccond... I'd just like some kind of confirmation as i'd be really interested to see this lupo tdi...

And even though he's built more cars than i've had hot dinners, he still manages to give out incorrect information?

the 1.4 tdi PD, weather in 75, or 90bhp guise has a VNT turbo...

Edited by nfbr

looking at myself in the mirror this morning i'm beginning to think that i've had more hot dinners than you've had err... hot dinners

since i'm a northerner, i dont tend to have hot meals for dinner...

i have hot meals for tea...

Edited by nfbr

All 1.4 tdi "PD" engines have the VNT turbo charger...

its only the Non-PD engine as used in some of the 6n2 polo's which had the non-vnt

I think that is incorrect.

The AMF type engines in Polos, Lupos, A2s, Fabias etc. have a standard Garrett GT12 wastegate turbo. VNT is *only* used on the 1.2l eco TDI (engine code ANY) and the 66kW three cylinder TDI in that was available in the A2 (engine code ATL).

Strange how mine has a VNT, As does Sleeky TDI's, As does Lynseys

we must all be lucky...

heres a pic of a vnt15 courtesy of "www. technologie-entwicklung .de"

07-komplett-front.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Exactly the same in every way as mine

Edited by nfbr

we've had this arguement before i think.

Hi, I have heard of such a car. Wondered where you got the hybrid turbo from and what spec it is. For example vnt17 body vnt15 vanes?

Are the conrods and pistons completely transferable ?

Did you have the car rolling road tested?

Do the maths 1422/3 * 4 =1896

Thanks for your post

John

Hi, I have heard of such a car. Wondered where you got the hybrid turbo from and what spec it is. For example vnt17 body vnt15 vanes?

Are the conrods and pistons completely transferable ?

Did you have the car rolling road tested?

it had a gt12 vnt turbine with a 17/44 compressor housing

the pistons and conrods are completely transferable, they have the same bore & stroke mesurements

but bear in mind if you do this that the number 1 piston is slightlly different shape to the rest so therefore can only go into the number 1 bore.

the injectors are a staight swap too, but remember to check the clearance of the injector rocker after installation.

it was bordering on being dangerous to drive in the wet!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Strange how mine has a VNT, As does Sleeky TDI's, As does Lynseys

we must all be lucky...

heres a pic of a vnt15 courtesy of "www. technologie-entwicklung .de"

07-komplett-front.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Exactly the same in every way as mine

Thans the dinkyist, weeist turbocharger I've ever seen! So cute! Who made it? Garrett-Fisher price? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thans the dinkyist, weeist turbocharger I've ever seen! So cute! Who made it? Garrett-Fisher price? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It's like a little atomic bomb......small in size, but nonetheless very effective at doing its job! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It's like a little atomic bomb......small in size, but nonetheless very effective at doing its job! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sounds like something I'd say to the missus! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

here are some pictures of my turbo, not just some pics of the net but my actual turbo (seals have gone hense why its off lol) on the casing it reads Garrett 43. sorry for the quality, taken on mi phone.

Image075.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Image074.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Image076.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and here is a picture of a VNT on the custom code stand at inters.

Image072.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

what do people make of that?

Edited by carter