Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

That is epic. Love it and want it!lol.

Not done a lot of 1/4 mile runs but seen a few quick ones, do you think yours could benefit from a flatter 2-3rd shift? I think you would pick up speed quicker getting into 3rd slightly sooner and saving a bit of wheelspin at high revs in 2nd? Meh, just a thought. :)

Love the motor mate.

Thank you :) As I only got my three runs on the track I was rather disappointed as I didn't get to play around with the launches much as its rarely I go hell for leather off the line on the roads. If I drop into 3rd too soon though I end up off the turbo as it doesn't really spool up fully untill 4500rpm, it is a tricky one though lol! appreciate any comments though I'm always open to ideas and help :)

awesome sam good to have a good chat the other weekend shame we couldn't get a run down the strip maybe at the pod soon next time your down. shame about the track!!! it dried out later on as well

Yes enjoyed it mate was good to have a catch up! you got any other shows planned for this year? I know I'd stood watching just before lunch thinking this track looks lovely now can't wait till after lunch, then it all goes tits up! lol.

Wow, awesome car dude! Do you not have a turbo timer?

No, I've thought about it in the past but to be fair as you'll have seen in the video there I do rarely turn the car off straight away like that, on the roads I normally tootle home for the last leg of the journey or just let her idle for a few minutes. She was just rather hot as Id been sat with the engine on for quite a bit before that run and does occasionally over heat when left idling for a while.

Ah fair enough. I suppose you don't really need to spend the money on one if you're prepared to just let it idle for a couple of minutes yourself.

Wish I could have made it this year, would have loved to have seen this going down the strip!

Ah fair enough. I suppose you don't really need to spend the money on one if you're prepared to just let it idle for a couple of minutes yourself.

Wish I could have made it this year, would have loved to have seen this going down the strip!

Yeah, I mean I know they aren't like mega money but if I can spend this money elsewhere first then I'm game! lol.

There's always next time ;)

Machine :swerve:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ah, a Loop and a Soop - not something you see every day.......... Actually, saying that........... ;)

Haha yes tis very true! lol, just greaves him that the loop is faster although he does have more tail out fun than me!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aquamist HFS-3 water injection system and Mocal oil cooler now fitted. Has helped massively with the high oil temps I was seeing and got some lovely cool intake temps now! Lowered about another 5mm on the front as well sits much nicer now I think. Few pictures from Ultimate Dubs below.

IMG_0262_zps55a87da7.jpg

IMG_0269_zps93931146.jpg

IMG_0293_zps6dc7f84b.jpg

IMG_0295_zpsf49b907a.jpg

IMG_0296_zps67cbe817.jpg

IMG_0298_zps56d21f27.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsc8aadf75.jpg

And one of my favourite cars of the show...

IMG_0294_zpsd42e2965.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looked lovely at UD mate :thumbup:

Stunning Lupo, bet its fun

This tells me nothing mate. What Im trying to dig at is.... The 1.8t 20v engine uses a recurculation valve rather than a bov. What have they done to get it this way. Eg: mapped the maf out and recuc pieces or what?

• 1 year later...

So then not been on for some time.... Mainly because the cars been off the road since about last September where I first encountered a cracked exhaust manifold. Since then the cars been under going some more work. Engine is currently out and being completely rebuilt, the bay is being freshened up a bit and were starting the next phase of more power...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...