Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a APX head isnt it? (Large port)

Yet a BAM Inlet manifold? (Small port)

Which bit have I got wrong?

Did you start with a KO4 or KO3 or KO3s car?

Thats a APX head isnt it? (Large port)

Yet a BAM Inlet manifold? (Small port)

Which bit have I got wrong?

Did you start with a KO4 or KO3 or KO3s car?

Apy head n im sure it's the same with the inlet...

Started out as a k04

Does this go woosh?

Love it mate, see you at edition?

Woosh and many other thunder like noises..... :s lol

And yes I shall b at edition all weekend :)

Sam

Try mini-man-dan. Trucido has a set of poly windows fitted to his Lupo race car.

or better yet you can order them straight from the website, I'm getting mine from here:

http://www.acwmotorsportplastics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_74&products_id=91

Awesome car mate.

Brilliant! Thank you both very much for that link! I'm very very tempted at these.... Does anybody know what sort of weight saving these would have over standard as well?

Thank you Sam.

Brilliant! Thank you both very much for that link! I'm very very tempted at these.... Does anybody know what sort of weight saving these would have over standard as well?

Thank you Sam.

A Huge amount. Just about to put some in mate ZR race car. Will ask him the weight saving on his and you can guess from there.

What engine did you start with on this car? Why a LP head (looks like) and yet what looks like a SP inlet manifold, doesnt make sense to me. I guess its actually a small port APX head (APX engine?)

For the 5 windows on a ZR over 30kg saving!

Edited by Bikerz

looking awesome sam can't wait to see it at edition hows it putting the power down now ?

bet its struggling even with the lsd

matt

Cheers matt, mmmm well tbh a lot better than I thought, obviously 1st n 2nd are a bit of a mess but once into third it's pretty gd and pulls like a bitch! Lol, I drove it for the first time in the wet the other day and hmmmm scary! Lol just span everywhere at any speed lol. I'll b looking forward to c how yours is comin on too :)

A Huge amount. Just about to put some in mate ZR race car. Will ask him the weight saving on his and you can guess from there.

What engine did you start with on this car? Why a LP head (looks like) and yet what looks like a SP inlet manifold, doesnt make sense to me. I guess its actually a small port APX head (APX engine?)

For the 5 windows on a ZR over 30kg saving!

Bloody ell that's a fairly decent saving there n the don't seem particulary that expensive... I'll b looking into this idea more over the winter months I think :) and its and APY engine started life in a audi s3, think it was like a 2002 model.... You've got ms curious thou now with this inlet n what not lol.

Why have a never seen this in Tamworth!!!??? Looking good mate :)

Haha tbf really not long had her back this year only got her back like 6 weeks ago or summin like that n since then I been doin a few little bits to her, I dont recall seein that sexy yellow lupe around thou either? :o

Mmmmm I feel I have a busy Friday of putting car back together before I set out this evening.... :/

It will be a Pre 2002 S3 lump then mate. 210bhp.

It will be a small port head (get a LP head and SEM inlet manifold for more power and better flow). (SEM will cost you £800 and a LP head goes for approx £150, your probally want to go for a S4 or RS4 Throttle body too which you can pick up for £70 if your lucky) 70mm and 75mm. I have a R32 one on my TT.

AGU or A** (Found on 180 1.8T's) are the Large power heads and a must when going over 400bhp (My TT has one, and that has been worked with cams and 1mm larger valves on all 5)

Edited by Bikerz

Cheers matt, mmmm well tbh a lot better than I thought, obviously 1st n 2nd are a bit of a mess but once into third it's pretty gd and pulls like a bitch! Lol, I drove it for the first time in the wet the other day and hmmmm scary! Lol just span everywhere at any speed lol. I'll b looking forward to c how yours is comin on too :)

Bloody ell that's a fairly decent saving there n the don't seem particulary that expensive... I'll b looking into this idea more over the winter months I think :) and its and APY engine started life in a audi s3, think it was like a 2002 model.... You've got ms curious thou now with this inlet n what not lol.

Haha tbf really not long had her back this year only got her back like 6 weeks ago or summin like that n since then I been doin a few little bits to her, I dont recall seein that sexy yellow lupe around thou either? :o

Mmmmm I feel I have a busy Friday of putting car back together before I set out this evening.... :/

I live in Kingsbury so I'm always driving around Tamworth! :) Do you ever go down Asda on a friday or sat night? Some nice dubs down there if the turn outs good! Are you going Edition 38?

It will be a Pre 2002 S3 lump then mate. 210bhp.

It will be a small port head (get a LP head and SEM inlet manifold for more power and better flow). (SEM will cost you £800 and a LP head goes for approx £150, your probally want to go for a S4 or RS4 Throttle body too which you can pick up for £70 if your lucky) 70mm and 75mm. I have a R32 one on my TT.

AGU or A** (Found on 180 1.8T's) are the Large power heads and a must when going over 400bhp (My TT has one, and that has been worked with cams and 1mm larger valves on all 5)

Correct yes it started as a 210bhp lump, and thank you very very much for this info bikerz (whats your bname by the way?) This is genuinely very very helpful to me and much appreciated, your also now starting to give me ideas of more power..... :o lol, but on a serious note i think i will be keeping my eyes peeled on those bits and some possible winter modifications :)

I live in Kingsbury so I'm always driving around Tamworth! :) Do you ever go down Asda on a friday or sat night? Some nice dubs down there if the turn outs good! Are you going Edition 38?

Ahhh i'll definitely keep an eye out for you then, with not having the car back from the garage long and then tinkering when i got it home i really havent been out in it much but given some nice evenings i should be out n about a bit more :) very occasionally i may tootle past but never been really been down properly. and yes i was at edition :) good weekend thank you.

Also a big thank you to everyone else for your comments on my car :)

Sam.

• Like 1

loving the work sam really impressed with the engine bay at edition. i can't wait to start fiddling with mine a bit more mines still got a normal diff what lsd did you go with in the end ? cheers matt

Im Sheldon Mate. Found on most forums as Bikerz. My pride and joy is a big powered Audi TT mk1. So I know a little about the 1.8T's.

I will do a build thread on the TT on here when I can. Basic engine spec was:

1.8T block,

82.5mm bore and 14lb Eurospec crank giving a real 2.0L

1mm oversized intake and exhaust valves

Supertech Valves along with springs collets and retainers

"Drag cams"

CNC head work

IHI top mount tubular race manifold

IHI blower

Pro Allow FMIC 70mm pipework kit

R32 Throttle body

545bhp

Its currently going to a

GTX30R76 (90% sure)

Top Mount T3 flange manifold

Forge Supersize Re-Circ valve

Should make 500bhp and be super reliable for track thrashing!