Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

FML! that moves slightly!

How do you feel the 1.8t affects the handling? Feel more front heavy?

A few ppl have asked me this now and I always say that it does handle better than I expected it to myself. obviously it doesnt feel quite as light and 'nippy' (if thats the right qord :s lol) as it did before, you can tell there is a bit more weight but does hold it well. Im more than happy for the trade off of a slightly heavier front end though for some power though :P lol.

60-100 in the blink of an eye. You wouldn't want to sneeze in heavy traffic :tongueout:

Very impressive work.

Yes that is the only thing sometimes.... put your foot down and before you know it your just doing silly speeds... like everywhere lol.

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted some 15mm Eibach spacers recently, just a couple of pics of them fitted, I'm happy with the look but am experiencing more rubbing than I would like... Now I'm either considering some slightly narrower spacers 8/10mm or I was considering camber shims, I have little experience with these and was after some help as to whether people think these would help with my rubbing issues....

This link has a few more piccies in it.....

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83543

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1360.jpgIMG_1338.jpg

Thank you.

camber shims would help and take less thab hour to do

Yea I been weighing up the pros n cons as some people have been saying about it ruining the handling and I am a tad worries about this myself... but im thinking for how much shims cost and an hour of my time I'm gonna give them a go and see how I get on with them!

Sorry can't help with your issue but I thought I'd say it's such a nice lupo man!!

Joe

Thank you cheers mate :)

Sam,

Had a good day on sunday at santa pod, day started off well and had a good morning, had awesome weather I thought! was struggling to get power down off the line and was seriously affecting my quarter mile times! best I managed to pull was a 13.1 which is only 0.5 better than I managed with over 100bhp less! So much time was being lost as I was only on my standard tyres, but I think I was getting better getting it off the line every time! I was very happy with my terminal speeds as they were between 113 and 117mph!

A few pictures from before I left to go down there.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

And..... How the day ended.... :/

Broken driveshaft! :( on my first run in the afternoon I put my R888's on and it got off the line so much better, as I dropped it into second, bang and all drive was lost :(

IMG_1382.jpg

Sam.

Ahhh gutted to hear about the driveshaft mate! I love this lupo, wouldnt mind coming to see it some time as your in the area :) That video is amazin! Would seriously love a 1.8t conversion! <3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the driveshaft fixed! it is now supposidly 'unbreakable'.... well the passenger side anyway lol. Had a good weekend at UD, here is a few pictures of mine from the weekend.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Sam.

speed and stance :wub: doesnt get the credit it deserves in my opinion.

Thank you, ahhh thats what you get for looking so reserved I guess ;)

looked awesome again !!! also i want your turbo !!!! haha

haha Ive just posted on your thread, and as I said I want your paint and body!! maybe we could come to an agreement :P lol!

didnt see that the bay had been smoothed on this at ud, looks epic!

nearly 400bhp in a lupo :lol: must be pretty fun! would it not benifit from better tyres?

Thank you! yes the tyres are probably its biggest downfall tbh, I do sometimes run on 195 toyo r888's if I go on the strip, although as I found out last october they mayb were a tad to grippy at the pod... :/

The one thing everybody asks me and they never believe me when I tell them is whats traction like... tbf 1st and 2nd naturally do spin all the way but providing the roads arent too cold once into third gear there isnt all that much slip!

This thing is theeeeee rod :-) woulda loved ta have sat in this thing with the cage and recaros!!! :-O ahhh love it!!!

Just this minute read your feature in PVW, job seriously well done there Niall! that stance is to utterly die for!! and from what I saw she looks mint!

Sam.

• 3 months later...

Here are a few pictures from GTI International and a video of one of my runs down the strip, I went on the sunday and only got 3 runs in first thing on the strip which was damp as you can see in the video. I was hoping to get a good few dry runs in in the afternoon but the Seat Leon crash put an end to that :s As such the best I managed on my standard road tyres was a 13.8 quarter and a 5.6 0-60 time. Was hoping to be touching more 13.2's with a decent dry start! Anyway....

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

[media=]

Sam.

• Like 1

That is epic. Love it and want it!lol.

Not done a lot of 1/4 mile runs but seen a few quick ones, do you think yours could benefit from a flatter 2-3rd shift? I think you would pick up speed quicker getting into 3rd slightly sooner and saving a bit of wheelspin at high revs in 2nd? Meh, just a thought. :)

Love the motor mate.

awesome sam good to have a good chat the other weekend shame we couldn't get a run down the strip maybe at the pod soon next time your down. shame about the track!!! it dried out later on as well