small accident

andyp

have silver gti, small accident in snow, have badly scuffed front alloy, slightly damaged it as well. car drives ok though. does anybody know if you can buy the alloys elsewhere rather than the dealers? got price from them £180ish +vat for a wheel. thought this was very expensive. also can you put any other makes of tyres on the car as can find only dunlops that do the size

Could try a company called "Volksbits" (or Volkzbits). They're based in Gloucester and Birmingham and do loads of stuff. I'm sure if they didn't have the part they'd be able to point you in the right direction.

birmingham is prob nearest to me, so will have a look at link, have been quoted £70 to repair by dealer, actually cheap from them. ta for bday wishes, massive hangover next day!!!!!. has anybody else got a little pool of water that sits where the boot catch is? cant work it out where it is coming from, also boot light comes up on the dash when boot is locked, reckon i have gremlins with my motor as little faults all the time

ok hopefully this helps yeah sounds like the washer pipe has come off it is real cheap to do i had to replace the boot solonoid cost of 14.99 prety straight forward just a couple of torx screws and and a catch if you need any advice PM me

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />