Thought i'd put on some new shoes

tshirt2k

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get em from a breakers i paid paid £450 for dash airbags and ecu, only to find out the dash and ecu were the wrong type. took them both back and they refunded me £150. Any loop airbags will fit even older ones. The ecu is model specific and the dashes ar different depending on year.

Beware cos i also had a battery disconnection device on mine which disconnects the power in a smash. These are about £80 + vat from Vw. You can connect it back together but airbag light will still be on.

Edited by tshirt2k

get em from a breakers i paid paid £450 for dash airbags and ecu, only to find out the dash and ecu were the wrong type. took them both back and they refunded me £150. Any loop airbags will fit even older ones. The ecu is model specific and the dashes ar different depending on year.

Beware cos i also had a battery disconnection device on mine which disconnects the power in a smash. These are about £80 + vat from Vw. You can connect it back together but airbag light will still be on.

Yup just finding a loop dash intact is the problem though (which is near to me). There always seems to be loads in yorkshire or scotland but none in wales!!! argh!

i paid £750 for a complete front end of a lupo, thats wings, bonnet, bumper, slam panel, dash with both airbags, and air bag control unit, the replace control unit was wring though so i had to get another one. My car has given me a lot of headaches though main one being a crack in the gearbox which i didnt notice when i viewed the car!

i paid £750 for a complete front end of a lupo, thats wings, bonnet, bumper, slam panel, dash with both airbags, and air bag control unit, the replace control unit was wring though so i had to get another one. My car has given me a lot of headaches though main one being a crack in the gearbox which i didnt notice when i viewed the car!

Yeah its always stuff like that which messes you up. My dad bought a rav4 which was an easy peasy repair, took the front panel to discover a hole in the oil filter mount which had caused the car to run without oil ad ruin the bottom end shells. All sent to try us blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />