:lol: Love the sticker!

Cheers, its the only mod i can afford at the moment :lol:

Thats ace. I wanna shout

"START THE RE-ACTORRRRR"

Cant remember what thats off now lol

Not sure...got me thinking now??

more like 1.21 Gigawatts?! Great Scott!" :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Now running G60 calipers and discs, wish i'd done alot this sooner, stops loads better now!

Car is looking sweet as always :)

How much did the brake conversion cost ?? My brakes felt shocking after driving a new corsa :o

There good arent they! by G60 you mean the girling conversion yeah?

What pads did you use in the end? i tried 3 different sets untill i got a good set that didnt underhang by too much.

John

No the girling two pots are still sat in the garage doing nout. The brakes needed doing badly so went for the quick and easy option from a cupra.

Still really impressed though. How did you get on with girlings then...did you need to change the master cylinder in the end and whats the pedal travel like?

Car is looking sweet as always :)

How much did the brake conversion cost ?? My brakes felt shocking after driving a new corsa :o

Cheers man. The calipers and carriers are from a ibiza cupra which where £70.00 off ebay. Discs and pads genuine seat items, they're second hand but only covered 2000miles which cost £90.00.

These will do for this year, then next summer i want to get the calipers re-powder coated and fit some nice braided hoses.

No the girling two pots are still sat in the garage doing nout. The brakes needed doing badly so went for the quick and easy option from a cupra.

Still really impressed though. How did you get on with girlings then...did you need to change the master cylinder in the end and whats the pedal travel like?

From the minimal driving that ive done with the brakes There fine, i cant really feel too much more travel as the S2 audi only had a slightly larger master cylinder then the gti's 23.8mm, but the S2 had larger rear brakes. Its not made that much of a difference to be honest re the pedal travel. But the braking in expecting to be very good now.

looks lovely!, sits so well,

Cheers :)

From the minimal driving that ive done with the brakes There fine, i cant really feel too much more travel as the S2 audi only had a slightly larger master cylinder then the gti's 23.8mm, but the S2 had larger rear brakes. Its not made that much of a difference to be honest re the pedal travel. But the braking in expecting to be very good now.

Still need to rebuild and powder coat mine, but might still give them ago in the near future.

Can i ask what disc and pad combo you went for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Got my car back from body shop this week after somebody drove up the back of it :rolleyes:

No panel damage Luckly, and got a nice new bumper out of it, plus a good vallet inside and out :)

Also taken the black plate surround off as well. guna do the front one later in the week, think it looks abit cleaner looking.

P8100460.jpg

P8100462.jpg

P8100453.jpg

P8100458.jpg

What is the thickness of the calles of adaptation? 20mm or 25mm?

Thanks!

Sorry for my low level english...

youhou!!?? :confused:

Just alittle update....Got my teledials back from the powder coaters acouple of weeks ago, and got the tyres fitted last week.

just have to finish spraying the centre caps now and then they'll be on....cant wait!! :)

Also been repairing and sealing the under sills and jacking points as they taken a battering over the years.

Thought I'd clean and polish the exhaust and heat shield while i was underneth....heres some shots anyway.

ebaystuff005.jpgebaystuff020.jpg

this calles! dimension? 20mm or 25mm

Edited by Deasse

• 1 year later...

What a nice GTI you got there :)

What ET are your teledials? Just bought a pair for myself, and they are 7x16 ET65, so i'm trying to figure out how thick the adaptors need to be. I'm thinking 30mm in the front (ET35) and 40mm in the back (ET25). You reckon this would work?