• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got chrome bonnet and boot struts

Pop in mats front and rear

1.6 16v on the valve cover

damped handles

GTi on key

Red 'I' on GTi

2003 ' 03 GTi smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Same here, also 2003 GTI.

I think they must have started cutting costs in 2004 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh and the ashtray is Black.

'04 GTI

GTI on engine cover

Non-damped handles

Red I's on badges

Black bonnet and boot lifters

Clip mats all round

Alarm sensor button

Red stitching on seats and steering wheel

Line on drivers side mirror

GTI on key

Brown ashtray cover damnit!

• 1 month later...

We definitely need pictures of this brown ashtray. It could just been a different composite of plastic that fades/changes colour in daylight - like some white paint goes yellow if no light is on it.

Edited by Al

ah ha more people with the brown cover smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> good job I got mine replaced under warrenty hehehehehehhee I now have a black one tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by syphon123

ah ha more people with the brown cover smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> good job I got mine replaced under warrenty hehehehehehhee I now have a black one tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I thought yours was purple? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

here is a photo:

check it out!

000_0041.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

it's not normally noticable unless you use a flash on your camera, apart from that i never noticed it until someone mentioned it on this thread.

Edited by Jnmercury00

Yep mines exactly like that was going to get it changed when I first got her but couldn't be bothered now I have grown to love it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

you lot crack me up! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

this thread is soooo funny!

keep going keep going!

(brown ashtray thig is well odd and the one in my gf's 1.4s is black tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

The strangest thing though, that nobody so far has commented on, is the BROWN ashtray cover.

Anybody else got this? I was hoping to change it for black but it doesn't look an easy job to change - any ideas?

Mum had this on her 1.4 arosa so it went in dealers and they said they would replace it so they took in another new arosa that was in for things to be done and swaped the whole consoles, me and my dad were like surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> and couldnt believe the cheek of it, apparently its a cheap plastic which is why it goes brown but mine in my arosa is black so ive finnaly got something over you gti lot rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder