Reverse lights stuck on now

The reverse switch that is attached to the gearbox mate is faulty or needs a good clean.

yup on my old clio i had the same problem, theres a plug in the side of the gearbox and that has a kind of ball point pen push button type thing on it which tell when reverse is engaged....it was £15 to replace with renault and i did it in 10 mins, not sure about vw tho but i cant imagine its going to be any harder.

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

tbh mate, I'd drive an alternative car if ya have one - if coppers catch ya reversing without any reverse lights they might pull ya.

Just fry the bulbs so they do not light and put them back on the car.........if pulled say you did not realise and will get it checked out ASAP smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bulbs are only a couple of quid

Reverse lights not working would fail an MOT on the car light check

talkin about reverse lights, my missus's 307 was called in for a urgent fire recall, so i dropped the car off last monday morning and the guy said i would be able to fetch it lunch time. At about 10:30 he phones and says the car is ready and that a free check has been done on the car to see if anything else is wrong.

you guessed it, a list as long as my arm, ball joints, pad's, disks, anything you can think of, but what got my attention was the revesre light switch + bulb.

he said the switch was blown, £48 pounds to have it replaced . i asked him what a new switch cost, 'oh about a fiver' and how long would it take to replace ? 'oh about 5-10 minutes' , so i walked out

now the day before i noticed the brake tailights where out, so i swopped them over with the reverse light just so she could get home without causing an accident, so i knew the reverse light where blown, as i put blown bulbs into them.

but for the GITS to try snake me out of 50 quid for nuthing ? pissed me right off