Peak power - what revs

Ardent

For those that went on the rolling road day. Not intrested in what power, but at what revs was peak power produced?

as much as I like the sound from the twin sex pipes, do not see much point in revving past optimum power. So if anyone has their print out handy (i`m sure you do) please spill the beans. i am thinking perhaps mid to late 5s.

jayson looking to ride the wave

do not see much point in revving past optimum power

there is if you going round a corner! don't want to lift off! it also means that the revs are higher for the next gear change. Buy a tdi then tell me there is no point in reving past peak power! :baa:

Yes you do want to change up at peak power - past that its pointless as the power/torque drops off.

But the good thing about the 6 speed box is that because its close ratio, your back right in the money as soon as you change gear as you drop less revs.

There is a more technical aspect to it, something about needing to be above the torque/power "crossover" when you change up to be at optimum...something like that anyway.