Odd choice I know

tdwindustries

Audi S3, 40,000 miles, 1 owner, black, fully loaded. 2001 Y plate....

OR

VX220, 13k miles, black, MINT!!! 2003 52 plate

I love them both in different ways. For comfort I am now moving towards the S3.... but its nowhere near as special as the VX.....

What would you do?

Edited by tdwindustries

mmm hard one... my mums got an s3... and i love them... its great to drive too and soo under estimated...

the vx220 is it a turbo? 2 of my friends have them... one a turbo and one the non.. nice to drive... but depends what u looking at in a car?

S3 sounds nice, is it the full 225bhp version. What price for both?

edit - only live once might as well get a lutus/vx type car while you can if you can live with one.

Edited by Crusoe

mmm hard one... my mums got an s3... and i love them... its great to drive too and soo under estimated...

the vx220 is it a turbo? 2 of my friends have them... one a turbo and one the non.. nice to drive... but depends what u looking at in a car?

Doesnt your profile say you have a VX220?

come down to what you are goin gto use it for, S3 is a great cruiser and has good cross country pace plus it's a nice place to be in traffic. VX is bare and uncomfortable in comparison but would be more fun on back roads. Audi is probably more expensive to run but less likely to go wrong.

S3 I sort of like.

But I sort of like a mk4 Golf for the same reasons.

VX :Yawn:

How about somthing that everyone else hasn't got tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Whats up, you missing going for a drive with Snoop tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

How about a CTR?

At least you shouldn't be able to break it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

VX is a great car, great looking, plenty fast enough for UK roads etc etc, and if you can live with one everyday then go for it.

But for me, out of those two, for where I live and the driving I do, I'd go for the Audi without question. If I were you, then I might go with the VX.

Have you driven an S3? I was looking at an early one long before I got the Lupo, as my first decent-performance car.

Very good on the motorway but they felt as dull as ditchwater to drive fast. I mean, they are fast, but in terms of grins the Lupo was by far and away more entertaining to drive.

I think you really need to sort out your priorities - the fact that you are even considering both an S3 and a VX220, when they're so totally different in almost every way, shows you don't really know what features are important to you in a car. Before you spend a lot of money on one of them I'd recommend sorting that out, first.

lol thanks for the replies, and the advice snoop!

I know the sillyness of the options, hence the title of the thread.... they are at opposite ends of the spectrum...

S3 is lardy and not great to drive round bends but very nice and VAG. The VX is fairly rare and very nice to drive indeedy....

CTR good car all round but too common.

S2000 still on the list, but cant get a good one for 12k.... s2k seems to be best of both worlds - comfort and sportiness and insanely quick.

I just worry the vx will become a pain in the ass, literally....