Subwoofers

You know how good an amp is by the crazy claimes they have!

A Tru Technology A Class amp costing thousands managers 100db laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyway, cant find the wrms ratings, but less guess (like it looks like they have wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) at 300wrms of clean power.

The magnet sub I know nothing about.

Although my mate is a disributer of Diamond audio, but also signed up (which he regrets) to sell Magnet gear also.

I was in his shop yesterday, but never thought to take a look at them.

If you can find out what model sub it is, I'll ask him if hes ever ported one, (or even put one in a box if its supposed to be free air?)

Theres a saying you'll here a lot of around audio peeps

"10% equipment, 90% instalation"

ill try and find it but i threw the box out stupidly, had all the figure on it! (**** having a small uni room) i dont believe the claims of the website for the amp either but its cleaner than most so it does me lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your wanting to go for a good SPL set up, id recommend you either go for an RE SX12 or SX10 . . . throw it in a ported enclosure and you'll be laughing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> . . . a friend of mine has just baught the 10 and put it in his Mini & it's unbeleivble - ive heard enough 'bling bling' 15" Subs e.g. Audiobahn, lanzar e.t.c and they sounded so distorted and cack compared to a nicely set up R.E. which dropped as low as Ron Jeremy laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Michael

The magnet sub I know nothing about.

Although my mate is a disributer of Diamond audio, but also signed up (which he regrets) to sell Magnet gear also.

I was in his shop yesterday, but never thought to take a look at them.

If you can find out what model sub it is, I'll ask him if hes ever ported one, (or even put one in a box if its supposed to be free air?)

Not sure on the model, but I'm pretty sure that sub is free air only. So won't really work in any kind of box.

how bout a 10" W7. my mate had one running off a 800watt rms kenwood amp and that f***er was loud and it sounded good too. unless ur running competitions why do u just want spl. they dont usually sound that good for listenin to when ur drivin down the road or whatever. glad tigz got u off the 15" sub at least.

how bout one of those new alpine spr's in whatever size. they just upgraded them. the 12 went from 300w rms to 500w rms. i run the comps and soon one of those and the components are great for the price.

how bout a 10" W7. my mate had one running off a 800watt rms kenwood amp and that f***er was loud and it sounded good too. unless ur running competitions why do u just want spl. they dont usually sound that good for listenin to when ur drivin down the road or whatever. glad tigz got u off the 15" sub at least.

how bout one of those new alpine spr's in whatever size. they just upgraded them. the 12 went from 300w rms to 500w rms. i run the comps and soon one of those and the components are great for the price.

I want Spl because i'm adicted to bass and like to feel it as much as possible wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> ???

tigz, i will get a video of the sub going, it sounds a lot better boxed than most of my mates subs, is there a way to build a ported box which will enable me to port it to what it needs? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

You cant guess a box size. you need the sub parameters, put them in a box calc program and it will give you the optimum size of box you need.

If you guess you can **** up the sound completely. you need an exact port diameter and length, and box size.

Search on the web and do some research it might help you understand.

start here first.

Theres a discussion about the 'loudest.com' amps on talkaudio atm, makes for an interesting read biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/thread140191.html

Lee.

Not a member so couldnt post but i can vouch that these amps are bloomin powerful, and importantly, extremely clean! Cheers for that though Lee

may consider getting a new sub then just so i can port it....

Edited by jthedriva

what model amp mate? I can't remember back far enough as to when kenwood made an 800wrms amp... Is it one of the powerslide models?

not to sure tbh. might be a bit either side of 800w, but i think thats what he said.