Subwoofers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate your not going to get 'ground shaking bass' from either of them two.

Size isn't everything.

TShirt2K would get more output from his Crystal comp 10" than you'd get from either of those two.

A 15" sub is too big for a Lupo.

Whats the point in fitting a 15 when even a 12" sub is too big to make use of the size of the boot correctly.

I dont have first hand experience but i have a friend who has 2 12" kickers, i think they're L7's running off a hefty Vibe amp and they do sound sweet.

Another lad i know did have 2 audiobahns, from what ive heard they are a reputable brand but in time he burnt both of his out. Whether it was the way he treated them or just the particular model he bought i dont know.

EDITED: You need to consider what kind of music u listen to because a 15" will give very slow base, wont keep up with faster bass. You tend to see people with a 15" will have a couple of 12"s to go with it to pick up wat the 15" cant handle.

Edited by Frankie

I am going to get a 15, its not about the output, its the wavelength, my 12 is great but i know for a fact 15s travel further, and are less sound and more feeling because of their size. As for mounting it, i have all that sorted wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i know for a fact 15s travel further, and are less sound and more feeling because of their size. As for mounting it, i have all that sorted wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> come on mate, dont belive the b/s people say.

Do you know thats true for a fact, or is it some thing you have heard?

I dont have first hand experience but i have a friend who has 2 12" kickers, i think they're L7's running off a hefty Vibe amp and they do sound sweet.

Another lad i know did have 2 audiobahns, from what ive heard they are a reputable brand but in time he burnt both of his out. Whether it was the way he treated them or just the particular model he bought i dont know.

EDITED: You need to consider what kind of music u listen to because a 15" will give very slow base, wont keep up with faster bass. You tend to see people with a 15" will have a couple of 12"s to go with it to pick up wat the 15" cant handle.

I have heard horror stories about lesser models in the audiobahn range....Wasn't too sure if this would be different, and you cant run a 15 with two 12s, sounds awful because all the bass lines over lap, even with excellent crossover set up! 15 and two 8s or 18 and two 10s, imo, but to be honest, i am just after solid bass notes!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> come on mate, dont belive the b/s people say.

Do you know thats true for a fact, or is it some thing you have heard?

i know it for a fact because sitting in my car, with the 12 and my mate with the same amp but a 15 next to me, i could hear mine but feel his lol

Do some real reserch.

Kicker are bad.

Audiobahn is a budget brand that advertises as though its high end gear.

They sell because people are too stupid to do any reserch for them selfs, and they see the bling, and see them on pimp my ride.

How many SQ, SQL or SPL cars do you know of usieng Audiobahn equipment?

I dont know any.

Even Pro Plus have a SPL car!!!!

Kicker

Min Rec Sealed Box Vol (see you. FT., LITERS): 1.5, 42.5

How are you going to fit a 1.5cuft box into the boot?

Do some real reserch.

Kicker are bad.

Audiobahn is a budget brand that advertises as though its high end gear.

They sell because people are too stupid to do any reserch for them selfs, and they see the bling, and see them on pimp my ride.

How many SQ, SQL or SPL cars do you know of usieng Audiobahn equipment?

I dont know any.

Even Pro Plus have a SPL car!!!!

Kicker

Min Rec Sealed Box Vol (see you. FT., LITERS): 1.5, 42.5

How are you going to fit a 1.5cuft box into the boot?

fibreglass the whole spare wheel well and have a raised up false floor (including removing back seats)

i know it for a fact because sitting in my car, with the 12 and my mate with the same amp but a 15 next to me, i could hear mine but feel his lol

Ok, if thats what you want to belive waste you cash, and your box space.

I think your mad.

Ive hear 8" subs drop lower than most 15" subs.

If your box isn't right it wont drop low.

fibreglass the whole spare wheel well and have a raised up false floor (including removing back seats)

Good luck then. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

what 15 do you recommend for my budget then?!

I dont recomend any mate.

15s are for people who have a massive boot.

Stickin a 15" sub into a boot with a 18" deep floor is bonkers.

People do use 8" subs in compition cars.

My friend is just building a Scooby at the moment, whos owner is having a 15" sub put in the boot, with a OFF switch for normal use, just to be switched on when hes at a cruise/show with the boot open.

Hes then having 2 x 8" subs into the front of the car for every day use.

The amp on the 2x 8" subs has twice the power as the 15" sub, and being ported the little 8s drop lower than the sealed 15.

I know of a lot of SPL cars that use nothing but a wall of 10s.

Max (LoudLupo) had 2 x 10" DDs in a 2cuft ported box.

That car was so loud, Max Power stand at Trax a couple of years back struggled to do the sound off for all the Corsa (etc) drivers, as his system was over powering theres.

Big doesn't always meen beter.

If it was me, Id go for a good 10" SPL sub in a large ported box, would be a lot more powerful in 'feel' than one of those 15s in a small sealed box.

That Kicker for instance, needs 6cuft to run ported.

Thats the siz of 3 x Lupo boots!

Edited by Tigz

People do use 8" subs in compition cars.

My friend is just building a Scooby at the moment, whos owner is having a 15" sub put in the boot, with a OFF switch for normal use, just to be switched on when hes at a cruise/show with the boot open.

Hes then having 2 x 8" subs into the front of the car for every day use.

The amp on the 2x 8" subs has twice the power as the 15" sub, and being ported the little 8s drop lower than the sealed 15.

why would be be running a 15 if the 8s were enough?!?!

I know of a lot of SPL cars that use nothing but a wall of 10s.

Max (LoudLupo) had 2 x 10" DDs in a 2cuft ported box.

That car was so loud, Max Power stand at Trax a couple of years back struggled to do the sound off for all the Corsa (etc) drivers, as his system was over powering theres.

Big doesn't always meen beter.

If it was me, Id go for a good 10" SPL sub in a large ported box, would be a lot more powerful in 'feel' than one of those 15s in a small sealed box.

That Kicker for instance, needs 6cuft to run ported.

Thats the siz of 3 x Lupo boots!

Thing is thats subs such as those DDS 10s are expensive if you arent going to do competitions! and ported box's are extremely hard to get perfect.... sounds crap if they arent spot on!

ok what sub should i get for under £200 that can handle atleast 700w rms?

I've just put the phone down to the kid who disributes the DD range.

He said he can do you the subs that Max had for £125 each, they need 300wrms each. (Max gave the pair of his 300rms) or the top range for £250 each and they need £600wrms or 1000wrms for a pair.

The box you'd need to fit them would be very easy to build as the design time has already been done.

If you copy the box sizes, and port size you cant really go wrong.

You'd be supprised just how loud his system was, it 'felt' louder than the 18" DD sub he replaced it with.

It obviously wasn't, but they dropped so low, and so fast it used to shock me everytime I got in his car.

There are other options, but if I was after a SPL system for the Lupo, they'd be what Id go for.

It was silly loud.

why would be be running a 15 if the 8s were enough?!?!

Because he was putting screens in the boot lid, and a sub and components to go with it.

Just for show use.

I went direct to the supplier.

The box that Max used was 2.8cuft by using the spare whel well, and the boot space, with two amps onto the bac of the box, and the subs aiming into the car.

Just trying to find a pic or two.

What model sub do you have now?

What amp are you using and what box?

all cheap is the easy way to put it lol, effective though, magnat 12 inch sub, 600w rms, 1200w peak, a free air one, but using it in a standard universal sealed box, the amp is a loudest.com one, and has more than enough power... (1200w with current wiring kit, but can take more than double that)

would it not just be better to put my sub in a ported box?

Signal/Noise Ratio 99 dB

You know how good an amp is by the crazy claimes they have!

A Tru Technology A Class amp costing thousands managers 100db laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyway, cant find the wrms ratings, but less guess (like it looks like they have wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) at 300wrms of clean power.

The magnet sub I know nothing about.

Although my mate is a disributer of Diamond audio, but also signed up (which he regrets) to sell Magnet gear also.

I was in his shop yesterday, but never thought to take a look at them.

If you can find out what model sub it is, I'll ask him if hes ever ported one, (or even put one in a box if its supposed to be free air?)

Theres a saying you'll here a lot of around audio peeps

"10% equipment, 90% instalation"