VR6 in a lupo

adam007

hello

i'm new to this group, i'm also new to lupo's

what i was wondering is.... is it possible to put a vr6 in a lupo with out much agro?

i have seen pics of a yellow one but, are there any modified engine mounts etc that you can buy

that kind of thing?

anyone can help or suggest thing would be great thanks a lot...

adam

hello

i'm new to this group, i'm also new to lupo's

what i was wondering is.... is it possible to put a vr6 in a lupo with out much agro?

i have seen pics of a yellow one but, are there any modified engine mounts etc that you can buy

that kind of thing?

anyone can help or suggest thing would be great thanks a lot...

adam

Think Awesome or someone like that did a VR6 Lupo. Was crazy heavy up front so handled like poop and by all accounts there was some major metal removal to fit it in. Wouldn't be the first conversion l'd consider in terms of ease of fitment.

Chris

It was Dubsport.

And TBH fitting a engine as heavy as that with only 180ish bhp is a little silly.

BUT.

A tuned VR engine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Now that would be intresing.

Still heavy, but intresting wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

g60 would be nice in a loop, pref the ultra rare 16v version.....with rs0001's, lowered.... *daydreaming*!!!

you mean the 16v g60 limited...well since theres only 70 odd cars...lol

you can get conversion kits though:

http://www.orz-motorsport.com/16VG60%20engine.html

how about a 16v lysholm? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

http://www.konnections.com/bnsavage/g60_16...sholm_motor.htm

im tempted by a 1341 g40 lump.......

I remember reading the article on the VR6 Lupo a few years back (that a member on here now owns smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> cant remember who though, sorry!).

The work required to fit the engine was phenominal, I'm sure it involved custom radiator etc - every mm of space would be vital.

This was before the explosion of 1.8T conversions, which there are increasingly more off the shelf parts for as far as I can gather anyway.

Lighter & easier to tune, with more choice of engine from modern variety of donor car, compared to the VR6.

Caz_3228 put a VR6 in her arosa so it can be done , but i would recon it would be a ****** to get round the bends

What the blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You could always buy my spare 20v turbo engine....................

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

thanks for comments everyone, i take it the 1.8 t is straight forward for a company to slot in.

spare engines you say? hmmm...

i take it the 1.8 t is straight forward for a company to slot in.

No.

Its not straight forward, but find the right company, and have enough cash then it can be done quite easily.

JBS could do it you, but would cost up to around £7k although I do not know if that includes the price of the engine or not?

Jabba Sport has fitted one, but I believe they wouldn't do another.

The chap that did Venoms, also did the chap with the Polo on the cover of PVW a couple of months back.

Again, I don not believe he would do another.