ATTENTION ALL LOWERED CARS.......!!!!!!!

ok when i was under the car again today i noticed the drivers side driveshaft fouls the trunking that clips around the sump at the rear of the engine, now the trunking carries wiring for the alternator so if it had worn thru it would of earthed out and possibly caught fire,my car is low but people on here must have the same ride height or even lower so check it before its to late, to check lie on your back looking up at the area behind the sump plug the drive shaft will of had all the paint stripped off if its ben rubbing.

• Like 2

mine had fallen off befor i swaped engine was rubbing then as well and mine is std ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

cool niks wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> lol

Show off shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My wheels corroded my brake lines due to the car being lowered - I also have some cracking in the suspension wishbones.

Not sure about drive shafts - will get ben to try and put it over the pit at his house one day. Maybe thats what all my rattling and banging is about when cornering lol

• 5 weeks later...

I notied this on my car a little while back when i changed the gearbox,cable tied it up outthe way.

I also noticed that my passenger side break line had been rubbing on a clip on my coilovers and was starting to wear into it, rubber had already worn off. I think because it is lowered it gives more slack on the lines and they were fouling.

Whilst im onto it, i noticed that my power steering pipe that runs under the cooling fan had also been rubbing on the fan when it came on, was another cable tie jobby.

I had a bit of rubbing on my brake lines when i had the wheels off the other day. I didn't look hard to see what it was rubbing on but presumed it was from when the wheels are on full lock. I'll have to have a closer look at the weekend.

• 6 months later...

my brake lines rub too that reminds me i need to check them... did some changed on them and havent checked to see if they ok since woops

also my anti roll bar rubbed big time... but managed to solve that problem...

lol mine was so low that when we took it off the ramps lol the wheels touched the arches all the time LOLOL...

• 1 month later...

Im just wondering, how much are all your cars lowered by??

Im thinking of getting some J-Tec lowering springs, 60/40 but as I'm a lass I dont want problems later on as I have no idea what to look out for.

Also, do I get a new suspension kit if I lower?

Can you tell I'm a novice?

Melx

PS.. a quickie, Mesh Badgeless Grill or Standard Badgeless Grill?

Edited by Mel TQY

• 10 months later...

Can anyone translate what Mitch wrote...???

A little resume is good enough...!!!

Thank you guys! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

D.

• 9 months later...

my car is low, how do i get around this what you have mentioned above about the drive shaft rubbing?

apart from the obvious by raising my car...as this is not something i want to do lol!!

any help will be much appreciated, thanks :)

have many people done this mod to their cars?

not really, i just turned the tunes up over the constant knocking.

Car was servised by new owner and vw said that the beacuase its lowered its wreking the car.

Wiring is rubbing on the chassis or something and the gearbox is wet beacause it so low too the road, i mean wtf!

Shes keeping it as it is anyway haha,

• Like 2

Notching the chassis is the way to go if you don't want to knacker your driveshaft eventually. Some of the roads round mine are shite!

• 1 month later...