Part needed? Anybody any ideas - where to get one from?

cmt

On the GTi , the front bumper is in 2 sections, upper bumper and lower spoiler.

These 2 sections are joined by 2 body coloured tubes (i.e. they divide the front bumper into 3 sections) my passenger side one of these has gone, anybody got any idea where I could get one from? VW want either £70/£35 depending which bumper assembly it comes with plus £150-£200 to paint it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any help gratefully received.

I've also put this in the wanted section but thought I'd post in here to see if anybody knows the location of one/a breaker with one?

Thanks,

Col.

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get the part on it's own (less than £5) through my father who is in the motor trade smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It just needs painting now. Strange they'll sell it on it's own through the trade but not over the counter sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

no such thing as trade only parts,the only difference will be the price,simply put ,if vw make it ,you can buy it! except for tools and manuals which dealers lease .the part you are talkiing about is a real pig to find on etka (the vw parts electronic catalogue) as it is not listed with the bumper and when you do find it listed it looks NOTHING like what you want .maybe you need to speak to a more experienced parts person who knows the job not one of these junior monkeys who think they do. :thumbs: