Lupo Spaceframe Build

1 Litre Screamer

i was thinking about this car only the other day! whats going on?

The car is still on hold, I'm so busy building show cars for other people that mine is stood still. Once this seasons shows are done I will try and get back on to it and sort the final details. :shades:

I have also been looking at another engine but that would be telling too much!!!

• 4 weeks later...
well its good to know the little thing hasnt been forgotten about! :) Edition this year? :P

I wouldnt be holding your breath for Edition this year! The little toy wont ever be forgotten either, once i get time i'll be back on with making him even wilder than any previous plans. ;)

Just been glancing through this, it looks an awesome project.

Got any more photos of it?

I havent got any more recent pictures but i am planning on getting things moving a little in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for updates.

I think I should come up to visit you so you can change the bushes on my car and I can prod you into doing more work on your car :P

I need more than a prod! 14 day weeks would be a big help if you could arrange that for me. Thanks Nicola :rolleyes:

Thanks! I get that comment alot from people that see the car as it sits in the garage. :P

hey buddy good to see your lossing your marbles

i was just talking about you as i was working on mine with garth cutting more weight out of mine hehe :lol:

hey buddy good to see your lossing your marbles

i was just talking about you as i was working on mine with garth cutting more weight out of mine hehe :lol:

Cut the floor out!!! Its so heavy. hehe.

Just dont you be going fitting the same engine as me you copycat.

Cut the floor out!!! Its so heavy. hehe.

Just dont you be going fitting the same engine as me you copycat.

dam i will have to twin turbo mine so were different ;)

i have killed to grinders and god knows how many disc's so my floor stays where it is lol

I can't manage that unfortunately :( But I can come up and do simple jobs that need doing! :D

Sounds good, any good with an angle grinder or welder????

Somehow got to fit a big engine into a small hole in a small car. :huh::huh:

i'm sure you'll be fine, your a pro :D

:rolleyes: Not sure about the pro but i hope your right about being fine. this is a big twist in the life of the Lupo. Hopefully not a big twist in the chassis when this engine gets in the rear.

I would offer to come and help - but although I can weild a welder and join two bits of metal together I'm not sure my skills are up to the job you have in mind :lol:

Edited by lunalupi

• 8 months later...
This can't end now??!!?!?!! I have just read 34 pages to be slapped in the face by a wet fish...

Dont worry, the wet fish isnt going to be slapping you in the chops just yet!!!

Time and money have caused a slight delay but only to the actual work, the ideas have developed over the last few months which have increased performance and lowered the weight increased traction and made the whole package neater. B)

I will post a few things over the next few weeks as they happen if i get a chance.

Keep on looking!!!!!

Thank god, read through it all and was really impressed, then to find there was no ending!

It will be amazing when it is completed.

Keep up the good work!

Im sure Darren wont mind me replying to this but nothing has been done to it recently, theres a slight problem of it being 150 miles away and a mk II Golf GTI project lol