Lupo Spaceframe Build

1 Litre Screamer

the power restriction for the bike licence is 15kw, thats why i suggested a switchable map to give 15kw low power. i wasnt at all suggesting you drive it with 15kw, for inspections etc. that kind of thing.

the zx12r engine wont get that low even running on one cylinder. its one of the most powerful hyperbike engines made.

the magnum of the bike engines?

ok what about a normal map but a button that restricts max rpm to 1500rpm or lower? would that get you down to 15kw? just thinking not saying you should do it.

15kw=20bhp.

Edited by Clouseau

the magnum of the bike engines?

ok what about a normal map but a button that restricts max rpm to 1500rpm or lower? would that get you down to 15kw? just thinking not saying you should do it.

15kw=20bhp.

the engine isnt that tiny or managable. this thing revs over 12,000rpm so staying that low would be impossible so i arent even going to work out the kw at low revs, its having full map,full power and max revs, after the guys on the rolling road have played with the fuelling and the power commander system then over 230bhp will be its final output unless i decide to turbo it at a later date. Tax and emissions and insurance costs dont worry me.

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

So how long before you reckon it will be done??

Now there is a hard question to answer, i hope to have it on wheels by the end of this year for sure then totally finished ready for next years show season and summer roads. BUT and its a big but, this all depends on how the race cars go and on cash flow too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, i wondered what happened to this project since there hasnt been an update in trc mag for a while,i oniy just found out about this thread yesterday and was quite surprised at the weight you mentioned it was at before you cut the back out how did you weigh it was it corner weights or weigh bridge as it seems a little too light to be beleived ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> .I have been looking at putting a bike engine into something small for years and dissmissed a lupo as modern cars tend to have extra strengthening added thus more weight am i wrong?

Good luck with the rest of the project as i join the rest of the forum in saying i cant wait to see it up and running.

soggy

PS good choice of myspace tune i have been a fan of ghosts since they were formed and i managed to sit chatting to simon the lead singer for 2 hours at a gig last year (nice bloke) the drummer is actually a local as he is from northampton.

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks for the words Soggy, the car was in a few of the trc issues but it died a death! But as promised here are a few more up to date pictures of the Lupo. I still have the floor to cut back up to the front bulkhead and the side sills to cut off but the main lump has now gone. the engine mounts are the next thing on my list when i get a chance.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, i must have had the shakes when i took them!

DSC01698.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01705.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01715.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01716.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

what type of floor pan design you going for now that the standard one is cut out ?? / what are you going to make it of . if i was in your shoes i would be panicing incase it fell out of the car when going god knows what speed laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Its going to be true Flintstones stylee!

I have a few more tubes to weld in place for the seat mounts and floor mounted pedal box, 5 to be exact. Once they are in i will make a flat bottom from 1.5mm aluminium riveted to small brackets on the tubes. A nice light floor, but as a precaution i'll make sure everyone wears roller blades just incase they go through it. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Its going to be true Flintstones stylee!

I have a few more tubes to weld in place for the seat mounts and floor mounted pedal box, 5 to be exact. Once they are in i will make a flat bottom from 1.5mm aluminium riveted to small brackets on the tubes. A nice light floor, but as a precaution i'll make sure everyone wears roller blades just incase they go through it. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

true mad man i loved it befor but this just gets better and better wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i could do with a chat about a few things with my car soon as i have a change of plan need help on a few things

you not supercharging now noddy? 1LS this will be pretty mental you could have an ipod as ICE!

i'm still keeping my vw engine with charger and it will be in the front . thats all i'm saying

i have a nano for my ice too laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
BUMP?

Any news on the project, I keep popping back to club lupo to take a look..

The loop has had to take a backseat for last few weeks, and the coming weeks too, as I am rather busy putting all of my time and money into my new business. I have most of the parts to finish the chassis build but as for the time to get in the garage, well thats a different story!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't believe I've never seen this... been interested in bike-engined cars for over ten years now thru Z-cars that do the minis... really wanted to be the first person to do a Lupo with a bike engine... although now I've seen how much work is going on with it I'm thinking I might give it a miss!!!!!

Oh yeah dunno how much you've spent on this but Z-cars can do the full conversion for around 15k... just need to buy the bike engine!!

Edited by Daz Smith

Do they do fully uprated suspension, brakes etc??? Might take a look, you got a link???

EDIT- looked at their website and i reckon you pay for a decent job... zcars look much more professional!!!

Edited by Daz Smith