well ive started again

noddy

well ive stard to take out my old engine and puttig a 1.4 sport in now thinking bout tuning thinking of gti inlet manfold if it fits with bmc and sport manfold and cat and not to sure what back box to go for and a remap as its a sport lump with my 75bhp ecu just wonderd if i wold get anything by doing this or if any of you know if it will fit together and work

Edited by noddy1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got my 75bhp engine out sat it next to my sport engine they have diffrent sumps sport comes with an ally one and has two more gearbox bolts the head has a diffrent code one says ac and the other says am and it looks taller but that maybe just me

but part from that all going well biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

heres a few pics

DSC00189.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

yes mum i know what im doing hmmm weres the engine

lots of bloody dirt

DSC00191.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

more to come later biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

looks like your doing the conversion in IRAQ , hot soapy water and a nice wax up before it goes back together i hope, will be cool done tho. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

mm, looked at the piccie for about half a second and the word that popped into my wee grey stuff was......carnage! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

good luck buddy! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well i dont have garden this is next door and shes just had her roof retiled .

and she wont let me leave my bumper and stuff there so there in my bed room biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well thats all nice and clean now will put pic's up tomorrow . i'm just waiting for a gearbox braket the little ally L shape one that bolts on the subframe as mine is in two bits then can start putting it all back fingers crossed it will have started by this time next week

looks like you got an antique spanner in ur engine bay

yep thats how most of my spanners are got them of my step dad but rest of my tools are new

Edited by noddy1

haha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> they maybe old but they do the job

i'm in the middle of getting a good set of tools together just as we all know they dont come cheap so the old ones will have to do for now

Good on ya for having a go mate if it takes you three weeks just to get it in you can still say youve done it yourself, it makes a nice change to see people doing things themselves theres too many people about saying look at the car ive just finnished when in fact its just been picked up from a garage/bodyshop

Most scary part in my oppinion is not damageing any of the brake lines and makiing sure there all connected up properly if disconected

agree with the above " BUILT NOT BOUGHT" makes it all the better when people ask about the car and all you can say is erm "DONT KNOW " or "SEE HIM OVER THERE ASK HIM HE DONE IT" well done mate, all i know is self tought and it gets better .

well i love taking things to bits and putting them back together but this is a big leaning curve for me and loveing it my hands r cut to bits and its costing alot but i really love it

so cant wait to come to the shows next year. never had a modded car befor but its because i never wanted a muppit motor with bits done like a std car with spinner wheel trims and head light covers and sunstrip so just never did any thing

i thing i got the bug

no hakeems got one and a few more bits for me fingers crossed i should get them tomorrow as he's coming north to gett some bits for his car so he's closer to meet than london

Edited by noddy1

As i said above mate and as Mitch has said line four cars up in a line and the one car that has been done by the owner will get twice the appreciation well at least with people like me, mitch, tigz

Hopefully one day when i can get good insurance ill be doing like hakeems done with his as thats awesome

Good luck mate

Hopefully one day when i can get good insurance ill be doing like hakeems done with his as thats awesome

thats what i want just dont have the cash so will have to stick to 100 bhp or what ever i end up with

well its bad luck all round on the home bilds i think as i have b.you.g.g.e.r.e.d my back i'm all druged up on pain killers hoping to be fine some time this week as i have done nothing a part from sit the engine in and finger tighten the mounts all weekend ready for wiring it all back in but thats it mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

guess we will most likely at e38 next year smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just want to get out there and get started hate not doing anything biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It will be worth it in the end mate trust me ive done two engine swaps with my mate (on his third engine as he keeps blowing them) and once its in and running for the first time and youve done it yourself/ves its the best feeling ever

once its in and running for the first time and youve done it yourself/ves its the best feeling ever

any feeling is better than this never had bad back befor and dont to ever again sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

well went out last night for a mate bday in york as my back was feeling better went to a club every thing was good i was sober as i was driving said to some mates i would give them a ride home (two lass one lad all of them were pis*ed) gets to the rover (in clifferds tower car park for the ones who know it )

and the lad who has only been in the uk since sat as he's from you.s.a and i had only meet that night said i need a pee so nips to have one i sit in the car and all i can hear is him screming for help he had fell down a cannal bank i that was a bout 7 foot down so i goes and pulls him up this bank its a man made wall nothing for him to grip on to but me after bout 10 mins i got him out but my back is worse than it was to start with sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

thats the price of been a hero shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />