Lupo GTI ITB conversion.

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Are you the guy from the Gainsborough area I've heard about?

Yeah that is probably me. Hope you have only heard good things. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If you are local you may have seen the car or heard it.

Heard rumours of torque dropping off with the addition of throttle bodies

Regarding the torque, the new torque curve is totally flat (and peaked) from 3000rpm to 6000rpm with very little drop off to the high end rpm. The torque increase is very little over the standard engine (about 15lbft gain) but the delivery is constant at this peak.

The reason that the torque is not too high is due to how the engine was tuned (management and intake track length). I didnt want a huge increase of torque as the sudden surge may have caused clutch slip or overloading of the gearbox. The power increase is much greater 42bhp but is a constant increase so it comes in gradually rather than all at once.

Yeah that is probably me. Hope you have only heard good things. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If you are local you may have seen the car or heard it.

Ah, so you'll be familiar with the Gainsborough 'bridge test' then? What's the Lupo do?

Haha, yeah the "second bridge test" as we all know it.

115-120 from a standstill from the traffic lights.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

I think there must be a bridge test in every town lol. local one to me is good, fast as u can round the roundabout to the bridge.

• 6 months later...

Thought I would update this post with some more information.

Been to see the guy who did my throttle bodies about some further work (hopefully early next year).

Plans are some schrik cams, maybe verniers if they are available, further optimised VVT, custom made manifold and exhaust system (built on a dyno) and possibly a carbon intake.

Regarding the manifold, I was thinking of getting a few made if anyone is interested. They will not be cheap but they are going to be built with no compromise, properly calculated primary and secondary lengths and from what I have seen the welding and bending is amazing.

I am going to try to have the system made to give a kind of rattle noise (listen to an E46 M3 or a F360 and you will get what I mean).

I am not sure yet. I need to speak to the exhaust company myself. I think it will be more than an off the shelf manifold but remember it will fit properly around the sump, not hang lower than undertray and also incorporate a steady bracket so engine movement does not transmit through the joint to the head.

I think I will have a steel manifold rather than stainless as stainless is more prone to cracking. Steel will also be cheaper and its not as if manifolds rust through that often is it. System from collector would be stainless though.

Final point, the exhaust will be designed to be as light as possible.

Thought I would update this post with some more information.

Been to see the guy who did my throttle bodies about some further work (hopefully early next year).

Plans are some schrik cams, maybe verniers if they are available, further optimised VVT, custom made manifold and exhaust system (built on a dyno) and possibly a carbon intake.

Regarding the manifold, I was thinking of getting a few made if anyone is interested. They will not be cheap but they are going to be built with no compromise, properly calculated primary and secondary lengths and from what I have seen the welding and bending is amazing.

I am going to try to have the system made to give a kind of rattle noise (listen to an E46 M3 or a F360 and you will get what I mean).

Sounds very good mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Add one more to your interested list smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds very good mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Add one more to your interested list smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tom

Me too. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just thought I would say that the exhasts wont be until in the new year as all the design work will need to be carried out first. The mainifold is being designed specifically for my car (though I doubt it will be that specific that it wont help other engines) although I think it may be Gti only due to the port size matching on the head and it will be a tight but perfect fit under the engine.

If you are confident it will fit your non-Gti dont let me stop you ordering one though. As always I will keep you all informed.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
It just sold to some lucky bast*rd on eBay a couple of weeks ago for £4k!

haha i am that lucky bast*rd you are on about phil not to far from you i live in newcastle

:lol:

Yeah, someone had said they spotted it round Newcastle way.

Pleased with it?

yeah its quality couldnt believe i got for that price its in immaculate condition for 100k looks much better in the flesh aswell compared to on the pictures

• 3 weeks later...