Lupo GTI ITB conversion.

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

LMAO. So... You were after a massive performance hike AND economy? You not ever realise that the two don't go together?

I fully realise that performance often comes at the expense of economy (I used to own a road spec race car) but was merely pointing out how much the economy seems to have suffered.

As it happens been on a run today and got 75 miles out of the first quarter tank so actually on a run the economy is the same as standard. The trick seems to be keeping below 3000rpm (60 mph in 6th) so as to keep of the VVC and therefore drive economically.

Wound it right out in first four gears and it is still pushing me in the seat at 7400rpm in 4th but that was plenty fast enough so slowed down. Best thing is the torque, very flat torque curve, foot down at pretty much any revs and it lurches forward.

For those asking about cost...you sat down... £3700 parts and labour from engine builder and £380 parts and labour from electrician. I kid you not though it looks like a factory finish job. The cost was more than I expected and I am going to be staying in a lot for a few months but my hobby is cars and this something I really wanted to do.

If anyone can post pictures I will send you a word document with the power and torque graphs on for before and after the work was done.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Will sort the document and send you it mate. No rush to post but thought some members may want to see how it compares to standard.

Thanks as well mate.

Mines not done yet Gabo sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I know. No worries mate. Your evil will Rock and Roll as well biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I am sure!!!

have you any pictures of your project

how much did it set u back

For those asking about cost...you sat down... £3700 parts and labour from engine builder and £380 parts and labour from electrician. I kid you not though it looks like a factory finish job. The cost was more than I expected and I am going to be staying in a lot for a few months but my hobby is cars and this something I really wanted to do.

Im going to take some pics hopfully this week.

Impessive curves mate, You sure its safe to 8K? reliably

No mate, not really. The rev limiter is set to 7500rpm hard cut due to uncertainty of the valvegear.

I think once I have the head work done I may try to lose the roller rockers so I can go to 8000rpm.

No mate, not really. The rev limiter is set to 7500rpm hard cut due to uncertainty of the valvegear.

I think once I have the head work done I may try to lose the roller rockers so I can go to 8000rpm.

Hi mate,

How hard is to set the limiter to 7500? Sure must bug in the ECU.

I am interested in but found no 1 so far who would be able to work on it.

He has stand alone fuel management.

4.48mb MPG file

Full lenth vid.

http://www.tigz.demon.co.uk/car%20vids/Lup...%20ITBs%20s.wmv

1,124kb MPG File.

Nice sounding clip, and alright for you 56k-ers

http://premium1.uploadit.org/lupo10//MOV00742.MPG

Got a few pics to sort out and upload the larger vids.

536kb MPG File.

Start up, tick 'over' sound clip.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/lupo10//MOV00736.MPG

256kb MPG File

Sweet sounding clip.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/lupo10//MOV00741.MPG

Click the pics for full size.

DSC00750sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00734sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00735sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Tigz

It is beaaauuutifullllllll!!!!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Made my heart beat fast as a f**k!

This is a "must have".

Georgeous mate!!!

nice one sounds so sweet wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

awesome... absolutley awesome! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

My thoughts on the car.

As you can see in the pics, the finish is nothing more than perfect, everything looks like it came from VW like it, the cableing is so neat, and I like how you have hidden everything away Darren.

The inlet manifold looks fantastic, the lack of welds is a first that Ive seen, great design, forgetting how much it cost wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Even looking at the rolling road graphs, it didnt get me ready for just how smooth it would be.

If it wasn't for the speedo, you wouldn't think it was so fast.

Wierd that making a car feel slower than standard would be the way to go.

The noise was just how I dreamed it would be, at low revs, it was still pretty quiet but the bark at high revs made everyone turn to look.

Think once the rest of the work is done, its really going to sound good,

Cant wait to get mine going now, just imagen the pair of them going up the pod biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

now that looks bloody amazing and id say it looks alot better finnished than the standard engine bay and if you could get the engine cover modified and back on it would look really smart

Cost is quiet alot but you are running alot more power and torque, it sounds amazing and to be fair if you were woried about spending money you wouldnt modify cars as there a severe money pit to start with but youve ended up with a very complete and special little car which youd struggle to find a production car to match and tick all those boxs?

wayne

so thats 115 in 16 seconds smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />