Adjusting the Xenons...

AndyW

Bloody hell, and here was me thinking this was going to be simple.

Local VW dealer still can't give me an answer as to if they can adjust my headlights for use in France, they are contacting VW and waiting for an answer. Clock is ticking though!

I remember asking about this before and I don't think anyone has ever had it done. Their service manuals are saying leave well alone at the moment.

Thats cool John, I wouldn't have been confident doing it myself anyway. I will pass on your info, I'm sure they'll be surprised as they couldn't find the adjuster, despite me telling them approximately where it is. Fills you with confidence eh.

erm - this is a bit weird - but, my bro in law was in the forces in germany - he bought his car through the forces car buy scheme - picked it up over here and had to have lhd xenons given to him for use in germany - as he was leaving soon he never fitted them but this would kinda suggest they are non adjustable - unless of course someone made a feck up somewhere?

Agree with John, best to cover one light over, do it in front of a wall. Adjust both screws, one does height one does bias

Don't go mad there's an upper and lower limit.

Eh John? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by twisty b-road

Don't go mad there's an upper and lower limit.

Eh John?  rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errm... yes - there was a design change on later xenons which enforced an adjustment limit.

If you reach the limit, the deflector should "pop" back to a higher/lower setting.

Or break... if you're me. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cheers for the replies guys, first chance I'd had to come back since yesterday.

VW rang today and confirmed what you guys just have, they cannot be adjusted. Which seems highly weird.

Ah well, all my other documentation is in order, so it would be the only thing they could pick me up on. Should the gendarmes cause me hassle I'll refer them to Bernardette Pissedhistrousers. He will then threaten the French with a VW invasion army and the French will run away like the cowards they are.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />