1st gear?

Think bossjohn had this, had the linkage adjusted at the dealer I seem to recall.

I think they all do it to some extent - mine certainly did when stationary, but it was quite rare. If it happens every time then probably worth getting it looked at.

i think i know what you are on about , mines does it some times , its like its went into gear ( as in the gear stick wont go any further forward as if its in gear ) but its only half way to being fully in gear if that makes any sence

mines like it in reverse goes half way into gear then you have to slightly release the clucth until it 'pops' into gear fully, dont know why but not a huge problem until it breaks.

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

I've had this on two 1.4's I have owned . . . it's a funny thing and I reckon gear-change style has an effect . . . I found hard and fast worked for me! also tdwindustries tip worked for selecting first too.

ps. Don't rest your hand on your gear-knob when driving along as I have heard it can wear your 'selector' out.

happened to mine this did...

que a crunch in 2nd gear, which made first really stodgy, then got better over time.

i then proceded to grind 2nd again a few weeks later, and lost first. i kept trying to get first back using force and then lost second.

it was a number of things, causing problems. but was covered under warranty and the garage had the car for 3 weeks, and aparrently the tool needed to get into the box was around £300 alone!!!!

GET IT CHECKED OUT! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Reverse never has syncromesh on it, hence why it crunches sometimes when you put it into reverse.

Both my cars though have had problems with not going into gear properly. You think it's in, bring the clutch up and grraaaaunch. Ouch!