New toy!

I've now got an mStation! For those not in the know, its basically a 10GB hard disc that you mount in your car and holds 3000+ tracks in MP3 format. You get a docking station for your car and pc and when you wanna add more tracks you dock it in your PC and use real jukebox to download the tracks onto the drive. People have got 100 albums on them with room to spare. You also get a small screen and controller which you mount in the front of the car. The screen shows all the info such a folder names and track names. You can run it either directly in to an amp and bin your headunit, you can run it through an Aux in on your headunit or if you don't have either of these you can run it through an RF modulator so your headunit recieves it as a radio signal. The first ones they made got mixed reviews with people saying that you could hear them chugging away through the disc but i've got a MK2 one which is a lot quiter. I haven't managed to fit it yet but i will the first chance i get, i'm also waiting for a lead to connect it to my HU.

How does it compare to the empeg/RioCar player? should bve the same system, more or less... I still want an empeg, it's so special. You wouldn't need another H/U or else, only an amp, because it's possible to get a tuner in these. But they're discontinued...

Check it out at www.empeg.com

They're meant to be expensive, but seeing as Traxaudio have gone bust, i picked an `ex-display` unit up for £80 instead of the £600 retail price, workin Titspeed at weekends finally has some plus points! Still not installed, gonna wait til i get my new car!

No it doesn't! They're tight old lovely persons! 12.5% discount! Dunno why they ****in bother! Half the time i don't bother with discount as its not worth the paper work. Anyone could have got that mStation for £80, that was retail!!!! They just wanna get rid of em cos they can't give a warranty as they've gone bust!