Clarion navigation - Anyone with infos?

Heyas;

I'm thinking of a new ICE setup (to be done somewhere in time), and I wonder if anyone has experiences or heard something about these?

I know that Blaupunkt and Becker probably offer the best navigation systems, but, for the audio quality they're not quite no. 1.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

You need to watch some of the Sony Xplode systems..... My SLK has a sony head unit (forget which model at the moment), but the sony Xplode version is the same spec, painted up differently and costs £50 more, the dealer was telling me it is designed to look good in an install, but doesn't always provide a benefit over the standard units.

But then we gat all the 12 month old cr@p in the UK anyway.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chris & alvaro!

thanks for your reply!

Does Sony produce `nav-systems`? I wanted to go with clarion, but I never read something about their systems. Is it possible to have sony ICE AND a `Nav-system` made by another brand that work together?

Well, no money right now, so I'll stick with my current `set-up`

Bye!

Alpine do the best nav systems as far as i know, and i reckon i have tried most of the nav systems out there!

There is only one problem with Alpine, and that is that they happen to be dam expensive, but if u hunt around u can always find a good deal.

i don't know much about navigation sistems. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Theres a VW original one in the accesories catalogue but i haven't seen any more here in spain. Anyway, i have to start saving to chip my car so the stereo will have to wait. Haha, soon my SDi will be more powerful than your TDi biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

bAAx's new sig is even cooler than mine (Oo----oO) tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />