to cd or not to cd

well i like my single cd/tape units in the car but they wont take an amp (not well anyway) and i like stealth kit as some wee fool will try and nick them whether they're any use or not. SO....... who does a nice matching unit in vw format and at a `sensible-ish` price. i like the becker units, look very std and are great kit. noticed blaupunkt units in halfords and the single cds look nice and wouldn't look out of place in the loop dash.

bah i don't know someone help!! ???

hey gordon,

well if u want a very standard look with great sound then Nakamichi is the best thing, but they are quite expensive, but about £450 gets u a great single cd player unit and they look really standard! but if they wanna steal it they will, regardless of how standard it looks! i had my old headunit stolen, which was a really good Alpine one, which i had taken the facia off and they still took it, despite the fact it had no facia and they couldnt tell what it was!

Basically get the one u like the most, and if they steal it, it is just bad luck!

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

there are a few options for aftermarket head units. the best one i've found with vw blue illumination with red buttons is a sony `cdx-ca650v`, which would cost less than 200 squids. also there are some pretty cool blaupunkt units which also look the part and fit into the average student price bracket!!!!