Instals - in need of help

I am in need of some assistance! i will be buying a new Lupo GTI and i have a lot of ice to put in it! i wondered if anyone here has had an install in their car?

I have this:

Alpine head unit

JL fronts

3 PPI amps

2 JL W3 subs

PG bass cube

I am worried that all this won't fit int the somewhat limited boot!

Any ideas???? thanks

*sharp intake of breath* wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I doublt you'll get both of the subs in the boot....you might be able to get the one in....but doubtful you'll get two in, even if they are both 8" Subs.

Why 3 Amps? You could get 1, or maybe 2 at a push in the boot depending one they size of your subs.

Bugger, I've just realised you've got a basscube too! Er...baisicially, this aint all gonna fit. I reckon your looking at 1 sub and 1 amp in the boot without cramming them in too tightly....Your only option is to rip out the back seats...or lose some of the ICE....

i was told that i could get it all in, the subs are 10" and i can lose one of the amps but not two! one amp for tweeters, one for mids and one for subs, the tweeter one can go if necessary, but would like to keep if pos.

i have a friend who used to work for Dimma and is now forming his own company and he was trained by SQ plus to make fibreglass boot builds! he reckons that he can fit it all in with a bit of moving about and all in painted fibreglass

i can't see it all going in, but he thinks its doable, and for less than a grand! which is good for fibreglass!

does anyone have a big boot build in one? or know of one that has been done, or will i be the pioneer in this area?

You'll be the pioneer biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if it all goes wrong, we'll know not to attempt it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck with it, I'm a sceptic so I cant see how in the world your going to get 2x10" subs, 3 Amps and a BassCube in a space that size...

Will be good if it works though!

Keep us informed, eh?

well i have spoken to my man with the plan and we have pretty much decided how this will all work!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

he reckons and i do to that the best thing to do is to put the amps in a stack, but slanted so u can see most of them, in the centre of the boot, with a sub either side!!! we are fairly confident this will go well, as the W3 subs don't need much air to move in, and they fit in (just)!

It will be finished in metalic silver fibreglass and will sound the badgers nadgers!!!

as soon as it is done (bout 6 months) i will show all the sceptics! :0

What about heat? 3 amps all stacked pretty closely.... may get a little warm in there?

I'm sure its been thought of by your man smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but I just wondered how it was goin to work?