CD player compatability

Guest Russell

Guest Russell

Can anyone save me alot of heart ache and tell me what cd players/ changers are compatable with the "Beta" head unit.

Ideally I am looking for a DIN sized unit to go below the head unit. I see that a Blaupunkt unit has been installed previously, but I can't tell which head unit it is. Was this with a Beta or Gamma unit and did you need an adaptor lead or did it connect direct to the head unit.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or the information is elsewhere on the site but as a newbee I have not come across it yet. As I think the Blaupunkt looks great can you let me know the model number

Thanks

Matt - issue with your site - it was letting me post without being logged in!!!!

THe Blaupunkt unit Matt now has is Gamma compatible only (i think) and uses an addaptor lead to work.

HAlfords can give you exact details as I cannot accurately remember.

Yeah, I got rid of the need to log in for the "Sale" and "Wanted" sections, so people don't register just to post once....

I'll find out what model it is tomorrow, unless you can remember Chris? I think the unit might be on their site.

VW also do an `in-dash` changer, but I'd hate to think how much they will charge for it...

Edited By MattyB on April 14 2002 at 23:14