gauges and new head unit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for no reply to pms mate, had a new boiler to fit today sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The headunit looks even better than I expected it to.

One thing though, the colour of the backing for your gauges could do with being a little darker now the Alpines one.

How is the headunit to use?

What are the filters and sub control like?

Can you ajust the LPF from the headunit?

How is the MP3 search? Edit. Just read it doesnt have MP3

Think I have found my Christmas present smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

How is the headunit to use?

What are the filters and sub control like?

Can you ajust the LPF from the headunit?

How is the MP3 search? Edit. Just read it doesnt have MP3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its really logic to use, but after using pioneer/alpine etc its a little dificult to get into the swing of, bit like a blaupunkt to use in all honesty.

Sub control is great... its set at Zero as standard, but you can go down to -6 (sub off) to +6 full on mayhem

Unfortunately it doesnt have any onboard crossovers.

MP3 doesnt have a search function but its got a really cool thing where you press the 2nd multijog button ones and you can scroll thru your folders, and when you've found the folder, press it again !!

So many people have commented on Oh it doesnt have MP3 that must be a ball ache... etc.. Where do you get this lack of MP3 information from lol ? theirs a big sign on the unit sayin MP3 for starters! also... it does WMA

MP3 yeah ! 6DSCN1034-med.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

'n Check the smart little removable fascia panel and leather carry sleave 6DSCN1039-med.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by nfbr

Wow, it looks even better fitted! Looks totally standard, I love it. Good call on changing the dials around, it looks better with the HU on top. Display looks really crisp too, no dolphins in sight, dead classy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

nfbr, whats the hu look like without the fascia in place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks pointless smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just a big hole in the middle of the radio.

Wow, it looks even better fitted! Looks totally standard, I love it. Good call on changing the dials around, it looks better with the HU on top. Display looks really crisp too, no dolphins in sight, dead classy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers man smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> although its had gay reaction from my friends... LOOKS BORING... LOOKS crap... MY SONY IS BETTER...

however they change their minds when i put some music on.

nfbr, your mates will be like that cos they want the pretty ones and not one that does the job smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

although its had gay reaction from my friends... LOOKS BORING... LOOKS crap... MY SONY IS BETTER...

Sod it, it doesn't need lots of flashing lights to sound good does it. I love it. The OEM look is the future wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

cheers man smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Audison amp to come next wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

Umm... i got the gauge holder from Awesome GTI. Took a million and one days to reach me, fits fine though.

If i was to buy another i'd get the one from Venom... Much nicer and angles gauges towards the driver (£20 + postage on their !)

Im just going to mount a single boost guage in mine, think im going to go with a VDO guage as not only are they standard equipment in some VAG cars, but they also have a red backlit option, there not overpriced either.

Im going to use the VW din blanking plate, and then make a hole the right size in the centre of this.

Lee.

• 4 weeks later...
Im just going to mount a single boost guage in mine, think im going to go with a VDO guage as not only are they standard equipment in some VAG cars, but they also have a red backlit option, there not overpriced either.

Im going to use the VW din blanking plate, and then make a hole the right size in the centre of this.

Lee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd give my right arm for some bloomin' VDO gauges... Any idea where i can get them from? looked everywhere. I only got the crappy TIM gauges as a temp fix lol.