gauges and new head unit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its an Alpine CDA-9831R smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> got it for £152.30 from work smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

according to an american mk4 website, the Boost Pressure and Oil Pressure are the ones to have. But i wouldn't have a f...ing clue how to fit an oil pressure gauge.

Theirs possibility of putting another volt meter in their when i get my auxiliary battery and split charge system smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

new head unit is dead already. Front n Rear pre outs no longer do anything, so its going straight back and i'm gona order a becker mexico pro soon as my cred card clears.

i havent paid for it yet. Its on loan from work till a cheque clears. Cheque cleared this morning. Unit went mad yesterday.

So i ordered my becker Mexico Pro this morning Mexico_Pro_7935-big.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The mexico pro is a stunning unit, and it also has the added benefit of matching the vw dash perfectly.

I suspect the internal amp will not be being used, and the truth is no headunit has a high power output, your looking at about 15w rms usually...

Thats why its always best to amp speakers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lee.

isnt the becker only 30x4 watts though?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

but Becker provides the power more efficiantly.

You'd be supprised to see how much power is lost through heat loss, down to all the headunit makers fighting for the most power

Fantastic headunit.

As I said earlier mate.

I am very jelious.

Even though the becker shows as 4x30w max it puts out a proven 4x 18w RMS

however my 4x60w max alpine that this will be replacing, is only giving out 4x 15w RMS

so figure that one out (i know i can't.) besides... wont be using the onboard amp.

Mexico_Pro_7935-big.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Niiiiice, I like that a lot. Don't know much about their stuff, except Ferrari use their sat nav head units.

Looks like it could be standard too. Yum.

Mercedes use becker units in their top end models

becker are part of the Harman group.

Harman group being "JBL" "Harman Kardon" "Infinity" "Becker" a nice change from the usual Max Power head units, somet a bit more "Grown up" and something a bit German smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

AUDIO

Sound control: source-separated treble/base control, adjustable balance and fader, loudness

Music output 4 x 30 watts

RMS output 4 x 18 watts

Pre-out 4 channels plus subwoofer/centre speaker (adjustable)

Edited by nfbr

And how much can you get them from?

I want to put the Alpine into the Saxo, but dont really want to be forced into fitting it back into Lupo after that.

Dont like it enough to re-wire again.