Bogging/ misfire but it's not throwing codes up

Nayy

Hi lads I'm back again, so I think this cold weather is killing the adossa off :( so basically I have a small only minor misfire, like I can tell it's not running right.. so I plugged it in the first time and the codes where P0501 vehicle speed sensor A, P0507 idle controll system, P0562 system voltage and egr. But I cleaned it out with a tester and shed load of throttle cleaner so god know why that is up. Then I thought right low voltage must be due to something so plugged it in the day after and it came up with p0300 random/ multiple misfire, p0303 cyl 3 misfire. So checked spark plug.. was fine. Checked ht lead and I know they are fine as it's not like a bad misfire as it's only tiny but upsetting my whole car so me and the bro decided to change the whole injector loom and injectors but nothing 🙄 plugged it back in the next day again.. came up with p0116 engine coolant temp sensor. So ovz changed that.. And nothing it is still slightly misfiring I don't have a clue anymore, somebody point me in the right direction?? And i have put a new battery onit to..

So sorry for being so long lads I really am but I know a certain few of you are glued up like but your input would be very grateful.

Thanks boys 🙏

20181210_131439.jpg

20181210_070457.jpg

20181208_115153.jpg

20181203_105306.jpg

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd say engine speed sensor.

The crank sensor then...? Depending on what software's in your ecu, try getting it running then disconnect the crank sensor. Engine should die. Then try starting it with it disconnected. If it runs, roughly, then everything else is probably fine. If nothing, either you have a duff cam sensor or the 'other' version of software. But when u plug it back in again, shoukd be working as before. Crank sensors can be temperamental.

if you look at trace of the O2 sensor on the diagnostics, it should be steady. For a misfire, going low means no spark, going high means no injection.

But @Rich is right. If crank, could be multiple cylinders all missing for a split second.

You see I was thinking crank sensor but I have seen a lot of people talk about them and replaced them but not really done the trick but i will try disconnecting it and see what it runs like and so on.. I thought it could of been my fuel pump as when I'm going then let go of my gass my fuel gauge goes down then back up when I put gas back on like it's actually messed up 🙄 but I will try the crack sensor and see what the crack is, cheers lads you have lot on here always help me out haha especially rich lmao I have seen his name more times than god knows what 😂🙏 but again thank you

Sorry it's been a couple of days I have been doing everything to get this fixed 🙄 so changed the cam sensor.. Nothing has changed what so ever... It's funny because when I have my foot on the accelerator my fuel gauge just goes down and back up so I brought a fuel pump and ovz it was the wrong one so yeah.. I'm driving it and it's kangaroo'ing so bad when I let off and put back on again but I don't know what to try.. might give it to somebody tbf 😐 any other inputs lads?? Getting fed up now 😂

Right I will do that.

Just nicked a cam sensor from the scrappy.. didn't cost me nothing so it's cool but where is the crank sensor located??

Don't get ripped off buying crank sensor... they are nothing more than a steel magnet with some wire wrapped round it. Priec should,be about £15. Like @Rich says they can just get crud on the end. But the other reason they fail is because the magnetism gets lost if you know what i mean. A ghetto fix is to move it very slightly closer to the crank by removing some of the flange mounting plastic- but only a tiny amount, like half a millimetre. Google how they work....

Didn't wanna hear that ffs 🙄 I'm sick of taking it apart now.. Yeah I will get it up on the ramp at work and see if I can stick my hand in or summit tbf.. but yeah I get what you mean about to cleaning it, i will just spray shed load of brake cleaner onit and see if that does something, did a compression test and they all seem amazing! And cleaned my throttle body out as oh wow it was bad but also brought a speed sensor for 14 quid so will just stick that on seeing as the computer said it's faulty 🙄 cheers boys, always a pleasure to hear off you two haha 🙏

The tip where crud builds up is on the inside of the block. So you need to remove the sensor to clean it. No option sadly. It's like when metal dust sticks to a slightly magnetised screwdriver. You need to wipe it clean.

Great news about the compression. Engine should last years then, with regular maintanance. :)

I will get it on the ramp and see if I can just get to it with out taking anything off... well that's the plan 😂 

Yeah I really really look after it like it's my pride and joy, I have spent at least 900 onit this year on mechanical things so it's tip top engine wise. Just really hope cleaning the sensor cures it because I really don't wanna be spending anymore onit tbf I just want to run it until next year and I will sell it I think.

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

If you have spent the cash and you have faith in it then you should benefit from your investment and drive as long as you can.

Exactly my thinking with my SDIs... Lupos are getting to the point now that they're beginning to be investable. All the rubbish is going and i think within 5 years only the good well maintained stuff will be left. If you've spent the money, it's worth hanging onto. After all, any car needs to have regular money spent on it just for maintenance. 

Yeah I do have faith in her! She has been good to me and again I do look after it.

You always see like worn out lupo's and tbf you never see arosa's around so I'm trying my best to keep her on the road! If I have to stick a new engine in then let it be I will!