Lupo GTi ball joints problem from S.Korea...somebody help me..

Lupo_Gti_Kor

Hello, I'm the only Lupo owner in Korea. First of all, I apologize in advance for my poor English. 

To get to the point, it is very difficult to buy and maintain Lupo's parts in Korea.

Especially, GTI has some different parts than normal Lupo. That's what the ball joint is it.

Four weeks ago, I bought a ball joint. But this is a different size. I've been waiting for two weeks to get this one.

(The left is an old, and the right is a new...)

balljoints.thumb.jpeg.9e584b4a365815d3accbe7c25ed18efe.jpeg

So, I searched this forum and found that the normal Lupo and GTI were using different sizes of ball Joints. (

It said that RTS's third-party product was the right size with a original VW parts...

So!!! I orderd again..at Germany Ebay sellber that name masTEDA .(https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-RTS-NIEDRIGER-TRAGGELENK-FUHRUNGSGELENK-93-90973-256-P-NEU-OE-QUALITAT/263691412288?fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item3d653ba340:g:f~cAAOSwTDpb6DKN:rk:4:pf:0)

and that results...is....

1095789298_fuckinMonroe.thumb.jpeg.259918e543a218737edbdc226cbac88c.jpeg

what the Fxxkin Monroe..? It's the same size as it was before.........

Monroe.thumb.jpeg.cc7b019a2a7d3ca2a48131468513fe00.jpeg OMG........

I have one question...What's the problem with when i install different sizes?

I need your help....

Edited by Lupo_Gti_Kor

Interesting thread you found. Did you search on the part number shown on the box?

image.png.391ee680b3c6a03b784339247f9643bd.png

Don't buy these until someone can confirm (assuming they ship to Korea) - 

I found an Autodoc listing for the RTS  part - as 6E0407365 for fitment on Lupo 3L  - I have no 3L experience, does that sound plausible? but it seems odd to me that they use the same physical dimensions as Gti, but different part number - it could be the 3L has Alloy control arms, the flat part is likely to be thicker as they connect differently, thus the part number difference.

The issue I have found is part sellers just substitute other manufacturer parts for ones listed, also seen aftermarket manufacturer parts catalogues incorrect too.

I was also attempting to find a cheaper ball joint solution, I read of people having issues with drive shaft CV's after fitment of standard non Gti short ball joints pushing the joints inwards. I ended up getting genuine ones.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, LR5V said:

I found an Autodoc listing for the RTS  part - as 6E0407365 for fitment on Lupo 3L  - I have no 3L experience, does that sound plausible? but it seems odd to me that they use the same physical dimensions as Gti, but different part number - it could be the 3L has Alloy control arms, the flat part is likely to be thicker as they connect differently, thus the part number difference.

That listing information I quoted must be incorrect, 3L control arms don't have ball joints like other lupo's:

C98_6439_full.jpg?1531562601

They appear to be press fit / insert into the alloy arm

I need some ball joints for my GTI, don't waste your time with Autodoc. I just used their online chat to ask if I will get the RTS ball joints if I ordered them, rather than a substitute. They kept avoiding answering my simple question and asking for my VIN no so they could send me something else. It took at least 45 minutes and 2 operators to get exactly nowhere.

I don't disbelieve you Rich, half of me wanted to find out if it's even possible to confirm for sure what you will end up with when ordering from somewhere like Autodoc.

I think the answer to that is no.

Interestingly they told me to not look at the images of the parts because they are just shapes!