Driver's door hinges. Part numbers?

mk2

I need to replace the driver's door hinges. Vdub want £22 each incl vat. No way.

so I've been looking at other similar aged vdubs and they all appear to use the exact same hinge. I think.

Bora/golf4/passat/lupo/audi.... but the parts numbers are all different. I'm not convinced.

The correct Lupo number is 6E0831402C.

on an Audi it's 8K0831402E

on golfs it's 1J0831402C

on passat 8E0831402C

You get the picture.

so, does anyone know which variant works out the best value for money? I'm sure they're all exactly the same. I've seen stuff on ebay going for about £5 each brand new, but, not a lupo part number. I'm not going to start ripping my mk4 golf to bits, just to find out. They do look exactly the same though...

Anyone?

Not sure what i'll be doing, but the drivers door moves up and down by about 10mm at the lock! Pin completely worn i reckon. So i'll try just swapping the lower one and see how it goes. The top one is known to be a tricky one to swap.

Ideally brand new hinge. Just looking for cheap & new, as i could get a whole used steel door for £35.... Either way I'll need to do some painting.

• 4 years later...