VW Lupo 1.7 SDI 2001 Spairs or repair

lupo_crush

Make: VW

Model: Lupo SDI

MOT: 28/11/18 (Fail)

TAX: £30 p.y

Milage: 105,000

I am sad to have to do this but I am going to have to let my Lupo go as it has failed its  MOT today I have attached the list of faults. Other than what is listed the car is in  not to bad condition. It is clean and drives well. 

I am not in the position to break it for parts. If I had the time and space I would fix it myself but this is not an option for me. 

Price: £650

538A63E9-373C-4B73-BF34-74A1CEC65455.jpeg

65484BDC-9F2D-420C-B338-3F3D13B3A7E1.jpeg

3C13D8EE-C7B7-4B85-9F28-2AFAF79F3E5C.jpeg

AA492716-EA9E-4128-AB02-1AA764134ABA.jpeg

E5DF0385-D4AB-4CC1-AF8E-38BF68F9B946.jpeg

12DB858E-9D1A-44A0-A183-50962F77D1CA.jpeg

about £120 in new bits (+ about 4h labour) would fix everything mechanical (not the tyres) and give it another 5 years at least. you don't see many in white. looks nice! it's worth fixing. if only you were closer, I'd sort it for you. In history, SDIs are just about the cheapest cars on the road to run (tax/fuel/insurance). I have two...

what the heck is a strut sliding gland. that's a new one to me....!

• Like 1

Hadn't considered the Novichock.... best to wipe Salisbury off the face of the uk. Could use all the rubble to make a new boris island airport.

but seriously, with all the items fixed up, the car is worth about £1500.

german exhaust (Ernst) complete system £80

brakes disks and pads (also from germany) £25

pair of hoses £4 each

Used shocks from ebay £5 each

sorted.

i get my parts form these guys:

https://www.qp24.de/en-gb

you could get the parts and then simply have a small local independent mechanic sort it for you. The work might be £100 cash if you're friendly.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

Hadn't considered the Novichock.... best to wipe Salisbury off the face of the uk. Could use all the rubble to make a new boris island airport.

but seriously, with all the items fixed up, the car is worth about £1500.

german exhaust (Ernst) complete system £80

brakes disks and pads (also from germany) £25

pair of hoses £4 each

Used shocks from ebay £5 each

sorted.

i get my parts form these guys:

https://www.qp24.de/en-gb

you could get the parts and then simply have a small local independent mechanic sort it for you. The work might be £100 cash if you're friendly.... 

I'm not sure it is..... but it's still worth fixing up. There's not a huge amount of work and the MOT tester looks a tad sensitive by some of those advisories.

24 minutes ago, Andrew1971 said:

Well you should be grateful you have a £30 year tax lupo. Get sorted it's a keeper. 

Looks good in white.

Andrew

Andrew I am truly grateful for the last 5 year of fairly trouble free and certainly very cheap motoring.

Might have to keep it at this rate. Still no offers. 

As said by others, such a shame it's in Salisbury, 200 miles unfortunately for me, otherwise I'd be all over this. I need a £30 a year banger.

I'm about to order a bunch of bits from that german supplier (and a complete Ernst exhaust system for my black SDI- basically it's the OEM Vdub system for half the price). 15 euros delivery. If anyone want's I can add to the order, but you'll have to drive to Reading to collect it... 

same exhaust as needed for this gorgeous white SDI above.