Lupo GTI 1.8T - Forged engine, 290bhp

Cooper_GTI

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 12:55 PM, LR5V said:

Think the old E was close to 2 tones -  mine was just run in at 275K miles! - and was pretty quick

Not at all just 1350 kg and 140 mph, the saloon being a fraction quicker than the coupe, mine is on 120k and has a fsh but I expect cylinder head gasket trouble at circa 150k, rusty wings is another common problem with them but easily replaced

On 10/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, Rich said:

Can I tempt anyone with a 3.0 straight six merc diesel engine and box?

Still in the car and running.

Which engine is it, there are 3, three litre diesels 603, 606 and the 606a, the latter being a turbo charged unit and very tunable

8 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Not at all just 1350 kg and 140 mph, the saloon being a fraction quicker than the coupe, mine is on 120k and has a fsh but I expect cylinder head gasket trouble at circa 150k, rusty wings is another common problem with them but easily replaced

Not so heavy - I knew about the 140 bit!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sold it to a local guy, but he's trying to flip it at profit i think. Doesn't bother me - i'm happy with the price I got.

Mr Tacho, yes I can do a 1.8T Lupo conversion, but it'll cost you £4000 in labour based on my charge-out rate of £35/hr.  It's barely even worth my time for that money to be honest, as it's such a huge job. Around 120-150 hours to properly build one. If you want a quick car, buy a Mk5 Edition 30 DSG and map it. 

On 11/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, Cooper_GTI said:

I sold it to a local guy, but he's trying to flip it at profit i think. Doesn't bother me - i'm happy with the price I got.

Mr Tacho, yes I can do a 1.8T Lupo conversion, but it'll cost you £4000 in labour based on my charge-out rate of £35/hr.  It's barely even worth my time for that money to be honest, as it's such a huge job. Around 120-150 hours to properly build one. If you want a quick car, buy a Mk5 Edition 30 DSG and map it. 

I should have just bought yours.. 

18 hours ago, Pete said:

The person selling it now bought it, you’d need to ask the original seller if he’d be willing to divulge what he got for it.

I'm getting confused now.  😂

The original seller is the op of this thread . Correct?

2 minutes ago, musho007 said:

I'm getting confused now.  😂

The original seller is the op of this thread . Correct?

Yes, he sold it, the person who bought it is now selling it in an attempt to get more money for it.