Jump to content
Paul

I joined a new club yesterday...

Recommended Posts

...the 250,000 mile club 😊

Are there many other members with Lupos or Arosas? 

20180908_164021-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to 240 in an sdi once, then sold it and they didn't do any miles with it. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive. All your miles, or bought with lots already on? Go on, tell us what you've had to do with it maintenance/repairs....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to join club P later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich said:

I got to 240 in an sdi once, then sold it and they didn't do any miles with it. :(

Did 172k in mine but it saw the same fate :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mk2 said:

Impressive. All your miles, or bought with lots already on? Go on, tell us what you've had to do with it maintenance/repairs....?

Bought at 3yrs and 1mth old with 24,993 miles. She's now 16yrs and 9mths old with 250,064 miles, so I've done 225,071 of that total mileage. 

Maintenance-wise, I change the oil and oil filter every 5,000 miles, and replace the air filter and fuel filter every 20,000 miles. The cambelt is changed every 50,000 miles.

The engine is standard and the head has never been off. Suspension is original too, but bushes have of course been replaced. 

As for repairs, the gearbox was reconditioned at around 113,000, then a replacement gearbox was fitted at around 224,000 miles. The pedal box was replaced at around 80,000 miles, and over the years, the central locking has been temperamental. 

Otherwise, all is working as it should and my next target is half a million 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous! I shall endevour to achieve the same numbers.  Very cheap motoring. I'm about to hit 100k with one of my SDIs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Paul said:

Bought at 3yrs and 1mth old with 24,993 miles. She's now 16yrs and 9mths old with 250,064 miles, so I've done 225,071 of that total mileage. 

Maintenance-wise, I change the oil and oil filter every 5,000 miles, and replace the air filter and fuel filter every 20,000 miles. The cambelt is changed every 50,000 miles.

The engine is standard and the head has never been off. Suspension is original too, but bushes have of course been replaced. 

As for repairs, the gearbox was reconditioned at around 113,000, then a replacement gearbox was fitted at around 224,000 miles. The pedal box was replaced at around 80,000 miles, and over the years, the central locking has been temperamental. 

Otherwise, all is working as it should and my next target is half a million 😉

Been done before. Fella on ClubPolo did a million in his 1.7 SDI..... he said in his post that expected the odometer to roll over (like an old analogue one) at 999,999 back to 0. 

It doesn't :D It just sits on 999,999 apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate long journeys in my lupo. To get to 1M you'd have to spend your life on the road....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt I did too many miles in a lupo, not wholly enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mk2 said:

I hate long journeys in my lupo. To get to 1M you'd have to spend your life on the road....

Based on my current average mileage, it'll take just over 40 years (not to mention 15 cambelt changes and 150 oil changes) before I see 999,999 miles.

I do like a challenge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is different. I did 90,000 miles in my Lupo SDI in around 3 years of ownership (I used to be a mile muncher, not as many these days) and 50k in the Lupo 1.0.

I really enjoyed long journeys the SDI, even down the motorway and especially in the winter. I've driven big cars, small cars, etc, currently own a 318i, but the Lupo is one of a few cars I've driven where I've felt the heating made the car really cosy and comfortable while driving. It's worth noting I am not 6ft3 though, I'm about 5ft9 so don't rub my head on the roof lol. I drove a B6 Passat for 6 months and that was awful in the winter. No matter how hard you tried to warm up the car, it just remained cold. There was heat coming out the vents but just not enough to sufficiently warm it.... so I always found the centre would be warm but the rest of the car would be pretty chilly. I've not done a winter in my 3 series yet so we'll see. The previous car I had (a ratty Mazda) wasn't bad, but a bit drafty. Ah well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Lupo Sport TDI has over 170k on the clock and its still very nice to drive, but if I do any distances I'll use my Merc 300E, which is twice as thirsty but more than twice as comfortable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.