Volks

VW Lupo 1.7 SDI Wanted

Me too. Ideally an Arosa SDI, but rare as... they go really quick if in good nick. Even I'm not fast enough to get one going cheap! They pop up every now and then. Probably the cheapest form of motoring in the UK at the mo.

Took me about 4 months to get one. Now have two. There were a few complete junk cars that the owners thought were amazing. Not. Paid probably more than i shoukd have; 2k for an S spec with 60k miles 4 years ago. It was in v good nick. A decent one will still set you back about £1500. Av about £800,  junk 350.

With the EGR mod'd, breather bypass and fresh gearbox oil, you can easily get 75mpg. Like to the beach and back for a tenner for me and 3 mates. And cheap to insure being such a low spec car. And cheap to tax. Low maintenance. You probably already know all this which is why you're looking for one!

They were the prices I had in mind! I’d prefer a SDI that needs work as I’d quite like to work on it and learn properly what it takes to maintain and fix a Lupo! Had a 1.4 S that was bulletproof and didn’t cost me anything just the usual wear and tear. Is sort of like the SDI as a project 

The sdi is a great Lupo to work on having had one. :)

Thank you. And Sdi is what I’m really after and will have to wait until one pops up that I like 

You want a Lupo SDi to work on?  I have 2 - both with failed back axles.  One is a CAMBRIDGE special edition.  They're advertised on the forum or find them on Gumtree.  My postcode is NP25 4QG.

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2307.JPG

Seen these posted before, don’t have the space for two cars would consider the Cambridge one if it was altogether

If someone had a spare rear beam, could bung it in the car with some tools. Get one of the cars going to basic MOT level, fix on the spot using parts from both cars, exchange some cash or gifts, book a local MOT, temporary insurance, online tax and drive away... in theory.

Rebuilding the se is king of plans.

Yeah, it'd be a shame to break a special edition SDI. There are very few about. Maybe 15 left?

It does sound like a good plan but it’s probably not much for the time I have, if one was running and needed work on the go then possibly